Sunday, January 15, 2017

The Spell Out Your Country #Reading Challenge From The Last Quarter Of 2016

I'm a little late posting this, because I wanted to post my 2017 goals first. But, anyway...

During the last quarter of 2016, one of the groups I'm a member of over on Goodreads had a reading challenge to read books for the letters that make up the country you live in. Since I live in England, in the United Kingdom, that meant I had to read books for the letters that made up the letters in either "England" or "United Kingdom" or both. I decided on both, because I thought it would make it more of a challenge for me.

They were quite flexible about the rules for it, and said you could use either the title, author name, or both. But I decided to only use titles, since I read a lot - as anyone who knows me will agree - so figured I'd finish the challenge quickly anyway. As it turned out, I only just managed to complete it before the end of December 2016. But I did it, and that's what counts.

So, anyhow, here's what I read to spell out the name of the country I live in...

England:
E ~ Enchanted Castle by Chrissy Peebles
N ~ Night of the Giant Everything by R.L. Stine
G ~ Gods in the Machine by Marilyn Peake
L ~ Learned Counsel and the Three Bears by Max G. Bernard
A ~ An Old-Fashioned Thanksgiving by Louisa May Alcott
N ~ Not Just a Witch by Eva Ibbotson
D ~ Don't Scream! by R.L. Stine

United Kingdom:
U ~ Unpredictable by Lady Jenniviere
N ~ Never Ever by Gita V. Reddy
I ~ It Came from Beneath the Sink! by R.L. Stine
T ~ Thin Air by Michelle Paver
E ~ Esmerelda by Frances Hodgson Burnett
D ~ Dr. Maniac Will See You Now by R.L. Stine

K ~ Kaylyn the Sister-in-Darkness by Barbara G. Tarn
I ~ I Believe in Unicorns by Michael Morpurgo
N ~ nightfall in the kingdom of winter by Andy Young
G ~ Geek with the Cat Tattoo by Theresa Weir
D ~ Defenestration by Matthew W. McFarland
O ~ One Dog and His Boy by Eva Ibbotson
M ~ Marginaliens by Philip Gross

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

That's kind of a fun challenge! Good for you!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Jeanie!

Intense Guy said...

Cool!

United States of America would have been 23 books ... I think.

Smiles

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
I make it 21. Still a lot of books though.