Monday, April 17, 2017

April 2017 #Vegetarian Friendly #Food Themed Thoughts (FD)

Happy Easter Monday! If you did anything to celebrate Easter, I hope your celebrations went well. We didn't really do anything, though chocolate eggs were involved, of course... Any excuse for chocolate, right?

Anyway...

In mid February, Deanna posted this recipe for Easy Cheesy Black Bean Enchiladas, which I liked the sound of. So, a couple of weeks after she posted the recipe, I decided to give it a try. I'm glad I did, since it was very tasty. Not my favourite way to do filled tortillas, but I really enjoyed it, and it's a great option for something different that's easy to make.

Also, a few months ago - though I don't remember if it was just before or just after Christmas - Kati gave me this recipe for Vegan French Dip Sandwiches. The version I made didn't have worcestershire sauce in it, because I don't know of anywhere where I can buy - and couldn't be bothered to make - vegan worcestershire sauce, and am not about to use the regular one, since it's not vegetarian friendly. Also, I did add some cheese, and the cheese I used wasn't a vegan cheese, so I suppose mine would be a "Vegetarian French Dip Sandwich" instead. Either way, I enjoyed it. It was at the high end of my spice tolerance though, but I expected that due to horseradish being involved in the recipe. Still, I enjoyed it, and it's another nice easy to make meal for when I want something different. It's a messy one though, so be warned.

***

In case you don't know, and are interested, you can find more recipes - most of them vegetarian friendly, and some even vegan friendly - by going to my website's recipe section.

2 comments:

Jeanie said...

I like the concept of the veggie French dip! Great idea!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yeah, I thought it was a great idea when Kati told me about it. Tasted pretty good too. If you ever try it, you'll have to let me know what you thought.