Wednesday, April 05, 2017

#Writing Wednesday - April 5th 2017

I'd hoped to be able to give you a release date for at least my poetry collection by this week, especially with April being National Poetry Month (NaPoMo) or National Poetry Writing Month (NaPoWriMo) if you prefer. Unfortunately, that's not happening. I've got enough poems written that I could put a new collection together, but I haven't even decided which cover artist will be doing the cover for it, let alone discussed possible cover designs with the cover artist in question.

As for the story I'm writing... Well... I'm still working on it, but I have to admit to having made very little progress recently. With everything I've had going on, most of my writing time in the past couple of months has been a few minutes snatched here and there, so my progress on the story I'm writing is a lot slower than I'd hoped it would be, and much slower than is normal for me with writing projects. There is some progress though. I mean, I have a rough idea of where it's heading, and an even rougher idea of how it will get there, which is great for someone like me who never does outlines. It's just going to take me longer than I'd hoped to get it written. Then I'll need to sort out a cover for it, as well as doing all those other things required to get a book ready for publication... It's going to take quite a while yet, basically.

This year is going to be a very slow one for new releases, apparently!

Good thing I have plenty of other books for people to read in the meantime...

***

Are you a writer too? If so, is it short stories you write? If you answered yes to both of those, you may like to check out these tips for ending a short story.

Regardless of what you write, however, remember to reread, reread, and reread again.

Also, here are some considerations for if you want to be a professional writer. NOTE: that last post contains a small amount of strong language.

Last, but certainly not least, remember writers, it's Okay to log out.

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

I have a feeling -- or at least a hope -- that your days at the zoo will play into your future stories. Can't wait to hear more!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I'm sure they will in one way or another. The question is whether it will be directly or indirectly. Don't ask the answer to that question though, because even I don't know yet. Haha!

Danielle L Zecher said...

You've had so much going on lately, I think you're doing great to keep up with your writing, even if it going a little slower than normal.

As always, thank you for sharing so many helpful links.

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
Thanks, and you're welcome about the links, as always!