Friday, May 05, 2017

#Furkid Friday: A #Chinchilla's View On So-Called Bad Nights (FD)

Hi everyone! This is Maizie the chinchilla.

The Mummy human tried to sneak off to bed early one night recently, leaving the Daddy human to feed us. She said something about the night before being a bad one, which we don't understand... It seemed like a pretty good night to us. I mean, we'd been up playing for most of it, while she was lying in bed, so we should know best. But she won't listen, insists it was a bad one, and says this bad night made her really tired. Whatever!

Now, personally, though I do like when the Mummy human feeds me, I don't really mind too much who feeds me, as long as I get my nibbles. My degu brother, Joshua, is willing to accept the Daddy human too, though he does seem to trust the Mummy human more, and takes from her best. But my chinchilla sister, Mollie, on the other hand, has a problem with anyone but the Mummy human feeding her, and kicked up a fuss about this change to her routine.

First Mollie refused to take the nibble from the Daddy human, and wouldn't even go near the bowl until he'd walked away from our cage. Then she started up an alarm call, and wouldn't stop until the Mummy human came out to give her attention.

The Mummy human said she might as well have stayed up and fed us in the first place. I say it serves her right for trying to get away with doing something like that. I bet she won't be in such a hurry to do it again any time soon.

Bad night indeed! Lazy human is what I call it!

Squeak soon,
Maizie

2 comments:

Rita said...

Sounds like Mommy human has to at least feed Mollie before she goes to bed--LOL! You should tell your sister to be nicer to her. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
I don't think she means to be mean. Mollie's just really easily upset, and gets cranky sometimes for no apparent reason too. The human caretakers say she suffers from something called depression, and that's why she often seems to get sulky and cranky for no reason, or it doesn't take much to upset her. I tried telling Mollie it didn't matter, as long as we got our nibbles. But she wasn't listening. So, yeah, the Mummy human will have to feed us - at least me and Mollie, since she can't really feed one of us without feeding the other - before she goes to bed. Mind you, the way I see it, if she's feeding us, she might as well take the extra few moments to feed Joshua too.

Squeak soon,
Maizie