Friday, February 27, 2015

Furkid Friday - February 27th 2015

Hello humans, rodents, and other furry and feathered readers. This is Bilbo the gerbil.

It's my turn to do one of these bloggy post thingys, but the Mummy human said something about not being sure if we would have internet access today. Well, I'm not too clear on what that means - or why it might happen - if I'm honest. Although, I did manage to figure out that the "internet" has to be working for me to make this bloggy thingy work. So, I got the Mummy human to agree to let me set up a post ahead of time and set it up to publish all by itself today. If the internet thingy is working today, I'll stop by later and check for comments. If not, then I'll come and check for them when I can after it's working again.

Anyway...

Since I haven't got any cute photos to show you, I thought I would tell you about a great game I play with the Daddy human.

Any dogs among my readers will love this one... I taught him to play fetch!

He's really good at it, actually.

The humans give me and my rodent brothers and sisters things to chew on, and some of what we get is a regular supply of untreated wooden sticks (which the humans get in some place called "petstore" - wherever that is - to make sure they're safe for us).

The rest of our rodent gang - including my brother, Baggins - just gnaw on them happily. But I like to play for a bit first, and have discovered that if I push my stick out through the bars of the cage it falls to the floor and rolls away, and the Daddy human will chase after it and bring it back to me; which is great fun to watch.

He does it every time too... Isn't he clever?

Just goes to show, you can train your human; even if they aren't human pups any more.

Squeak soon,
Bilbo

4 comments:

Rita said...

LOL! You have him trained well. ;) And I heard the internet thingie is working, but not your phone. Not that you know what those are. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yes, I have him trained well!

And, yes... The internet thingy is working, but the humans are saying the phone isn't... Whatever that means. All this technical stuff is too much for a little gerbil like me!

I think I'll go do some digging with my brother for a while...

Squeak soon,
Bilbo

Intense Guy said...

Laffs! I hope you keep him exercises and his mind busy Bilbo!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
I sure try to! These humans don't get nearly as much exercise as they should, after all!

Squeak soon,
Bilbo