Monday, February 16, 2015

Monday's random mutterings - February 16th 2015

We got the keys to the new place on Friday, during a long lunch at one of our favourite cafes with our landlords.

Almost everything is packed, and some of it is even in the new place already. Plus, I've sent my new address to everyone who I know has my old one, and made what I could - with it being the weekend - of the change of address phone calls to utility companies and such.

The official move is next week, with the phone and internet switch-over happening on February 26th, but we're taking the rodent gang over early so they have time to adjust to the new place, and can stay out of the chaos of the moving truck moving the bigger items. I'll be sleeping over there with them, because I refuse to leave them there by themselves. Luckily the people who just left the place left me a comfortable sofa to sleep on while I wait for the bed to be delivered.

I'm not going to be online much between now and when the internet gets switched over to the new place, so I've scheduled some posts for you to read while I'm gone. I mean, I'll be coming on to check e-mails from time to time, but that's about it.

I'll tell you about the move and the new place properly when we've moved in, because I don't have much time right now; I still have calls to make, and a few last minut things to get packed up to take with me when I leave with the rodent gang.

5 comments:

Jeanie said...

Good luck with the move. Those are always so huge -- especially in the winter. Hope all goes very well!

Rita said...

How exciting! I hope it goes smoothly!! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Jeanie, and Rita! :)

Intense Guy said...

I've finally gotten everything moved out of the office - now to move it all into the new office!! Its about a week or so from done...

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Glad you're almost done with the office move; hope it all went smoothly!