Thursday, October 01, 2015

Enjoying Autumn while looking ahead to Halloween and Thanksgiving (FD)

Autumn - or Fall, if you prefer - is here; changing the colours of the leaves, and bringing cooler, and darker, mornings and evenings with it. Pretty soon the trees will be bare, and the crisp mornings and evenings wil turn to frosty ones.

And that means Halloween is just around the corner, with Thanksgiving snapping at its heels.

What are your plans? Have you decided?

Have you thought about which sweet treats you'll get in for any potential trick-or-treaters this Halloween? Will your plans include decorating? Perhaps a party? Maybe you'll have a Harry Potter themed Halloween feast, like I did a few years back? Or a Thanksgiving dinner with all your family and friends? Or, perhaps, just bake some tasty treats for yourself? I know some good recipes, many of which would work well for both Halloween and Thanksgiving, that you can find among those on my website's recipe section, if you like.

Regardless of what your plans are, or whether you've even made them yet - in fact, especially if you haven't made them yet - you might want to check out Jeanie's recent looking ahead to October post; there are some great ideas for celebrating Halloween in it, as well as ideas that will work well for Thanksgiving.

Also, Deanna has a Fabulous Fall series going on over on her blog, to help us all to get the most out of the season.

If you have any ideas of your own - either for celebrating Halloween, or just making the most of the season - feel free to share them with Jeanie, Deanna, or myself.

8 comments:

Jeanie said...

First of all, thanks for the shout-out! I'm so glad you mentioned your recipe section here and in your email to me. Sometimes I forget to look at the blog toolbars! There's some good stuff there and I can't wait to dig in a little more.

I'm getting a little more decorating done -- mostly lights yesterday and a few more bits and pieces. Of course, it would help if I tidied up a little more so it would actually show! But all things in time!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
You're welcome; both for the shout-out, and for posting about the recipe section.

I haven't started decorating yet, since I won't be putting up many decorations, so there's no need for me to do so until closer.

Rita said...

I love the fall but am not really a Halloween person. No clue if I will get kids here being as it's a senior building and protected entrance. I should get some candy just in case, though. And make it chocolate I would like, of course--LOL! Happy autumn! Hard to believe it is already October!!

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, I know... The year is just zooming by, isn't it?

Oh, absolutely... Make sure it's something you'd enjoy eating... Just in case! ;)

Deanna said...

Thank you so much for linking to my site. Happy Autumn to you!

Victoria Zigler said...

Deanna:
You're welcome... Happy Autumn to you too!

Intense Guy said...

I took a train ride with my dad -

You can hear the steam engine here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/mousleyka/22069954890

Hugs.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks for sharing the video of the train. Hugs!