Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wednesday's writing related ramblings - October 14th 2015

A couple of days ago, I was informed by CreateSpace - who I use to publish the paperback versions of my books - that they now distribute directly to Amazon Canada.

Canadians wishing to buy CreateSpace produced paperbacks via Amazon used to have to buy them via the US version of their site, but they can now buy from Canada's own version of Amazon.

This doesn't make any difference to most of my readers. However, I thought I'd make it known, for the benifit of any Canadians who may follow me, and have plans to buy my books at any point in the future.

***

Struggling to write right now? Just keep going... You'll finnish that book in the end, especially if you make yourself find the discipline to write.

There's always a lot of debating going on about whether or not you should outline. Personally, I don't outline. I know there's no point, since I won't stick to it. Besides, though I know the gist of where the story is heading, as well as who the main character is, I never know exactly what will happen in my stories until it happens. But, should you write an outline? Only you can decide!

Regardless of how you got it written... Are you on a budget, but in need of some publicity for your work? If so, here are 10 ways to promote your novel for free, which could work regardless of the type of writing you do, or the genre you write for. Bear in mind though that no tips are guaranteed, and what works for some people doesn't always work for others. Still, it doesn't hurt to try, does it?

Speaking of marketing.... Here are some tips for keeping your author marketing sanity, and some tips on how to make your blog book promos more effective.

Finally, always remember: If you put yourself in the public's eye - which, let's face it, is difficult not to do with the internet; especially if you publish your writing - you need to think carefully about what you say, and do. The thing is, there's always a question of perception, and sometimes what's considered amusing to some, wil actually be offensive to others. Just something to bear in mind.

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I guess outlining would be helpful if you write a 500 page book with 5 or 6 intermingled story lines - Harry Potter and even more so, Tom Clancy as in Hunt for Red October.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yes, outline is more helpful for longer books; especially if it will be a series of longer books. However, some people don't even outline as such for those kinds of books.