Wednesday, October 07, 2015

Wednesday's writing related ramblings - October 7th 2015

I've not managed to get much writing done in the past couple of weeks.

Although, I did go on an outing on the last Saturday of September that would technically count for research, since we went to the aquarium, and I'm currently working on writing "Zeena And The Mermaid" (the third "Zeena Dragon Fae" book) which is a story that will take place at least partially underwater; in the depths of the ocean, to be exact.

Perhaps some of the wonderful ocean creatures we saw at the aquarium will make it in to my story? Maybe the shark who swam above our heads when we walked through the tunnel that took us below the largest tank so it was like we were underwater? Or, perhaps, the sting ray who was attempting to climb out of its tank? We shall see!

Anyway, despite Halloween being at the end of it, this month was meant to be a quieter one when it comes to offline activities. So, my plan was to make the most of that to make up for it. However, it's looking like this month won't be quite as quiet as we first thought it would be, so we shall see exactly what happens, and exactly how much writing I actually get done.

Speaking of writing...

As a general rule, I would say that there's no one right way to write. However, I recently read a post on the right way to write that will both prove and disprove my comment. Read it yourself, and you'll understand what I mean.

Also, it's nearly NaNoWriMo time again. Will you be participating? If so, will you be signing up? Or, will you set a smaller goal for yourself, as I did a couple of years ago, and call that your personal NaNoWriMo challenge?

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Ocean creatures will probably make excellent story material! ANd of course Fairies and the like will be able to breathe underwater somehow!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
I already have the way the fairies, and - of course - Zeena and Saarik (the faerie dragon and pixie who are the main characters) can breathe underwater. I had to figure that out when I came up with the idea of how to work the series. You'll have to wait for the book to be finnished to find out though, because I'm not telling.