Friday, October 30, 2015

Furkid Friday: Halloween edition (FD)

Hi humans, rodents, and anyone else reading this. This is Joshua the degu.

I heard that Halloween is happening tomorrow.

I'm not really sure what it's all about, but I know the human caretakers do things involving eating sweet things, and attacking then eating pumpkins. Plus they talk about something called trick-or-treaters, and often watch or read scary things.

I know this because I saw it last year, and also the year before. Plus, the Kero dog told me it happens every year about this time... When he was still around, I mean.

My degu brothers and I have tried to figure it all out, so have our gerbil brothers, as well as our ratty sisters. But none of us can figure it out. Mind you, our ratty sisters wouldn't remember last year, since they weren't living with us yet, and were too little to pay attention to what the humans where they did live were up to. But they're quite smart, which is why we included them.

All we could figure out was what I already mentioned though.

Oh, and the fact the humans go around saying "Happy Halloween" for some reason.

We figure maybe we should say it too. So... Happy Halloween from the whole rodent gang.

Squeak soon,
Joshua

4 comments:

Rita said...

Humans do some strange things--LOL! ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
You're telling me!

Squeak soon,
Joshua

Intense Guy said...

Psst! It means another day or two when you get treats if you play your cards right! Bet some of you like pumpkin seeds!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
As it happens, yes. The gerbils like them best, but we do all like them. Also, they did something with that pumpkin stuff that involved pasta and cheese for dinner, so we degus got some pasta, and the gerbils and rats got some cheese... That's just fine with us!

Squeak soon,
Joshua