Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Holiday decorations 2015

For various reasons, we currently don't have very many holiday decorations. But here's our little tree...


Plus, a fun snowy scene I made in front of the fireplace with our decorations...


Though we don't have many holiday ornaments, every single one of them is special for some reason. For example: The slightly battered looking Santa with the candle in his hand is the first holiday decoration I brought myself, which I got my first Christmas after I moved out of my parents' place. The little birds hopping about in the snow were gifts from Iggy a few years back (I think about six years ago) and the snow itself was sent to me by Iggy too. The little purple baubles are part of the purple, blue, gold and silver decorations that decorated our Millennium Christmas tree, which I'd decorated in those colours especially to please my Dad. And the little glass angel is the one Kelly brought our first Christmas living here by the ocean, starting a tradition of us buying at least one new holiday ornament each year.

This year, our new holiday ornament was a Christmasy Cthulhu...


Cthulhu isn't usually a creature you'd associate with warmth and comfort, nor holiday joy. But I just couldn't resist when I spotted him. So, Cthulhu joined our holiday decoration collection this year, which is kind of fitting, since we're in the middle of a Cthulhu adventure in our roleplaying sessions at the moment.

We also had this purple stocking bunting made for us by my Dad's girlfriend, Cath...


...Which was really nice of her.

So, that's it for our holiday decorations this year. I hope you enjoyed seeing them, and thanks to those who contributed pieces to them... Like Iggy and Cath.

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

That is a lovely Christmas scene!

The Christmasy Cthulhu is quite unique. Smiles.

Hugs!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy! :)

Jeanie said...

I love your blue tree and I especially love hearing the stories behind the ornaments. I think it is always the stories that make them special. A different person could have the same ornament and it would just be something on the tree. But it is YOUR story! Thanks for sharing it!

Rita said...

That's more than I have. I only have a little tree so far. But when McFamily came today Leah had found me a set of colored twinkling lights to go around the patio door. I might try and put them up this year--not sure. Can always wait till next year since it's almost Christmas already. I like your crazy green ornament--LOL! Why not?! Merry Christmas to you both and all the critters. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I'm glad you enjoyed hearing the stories behind some of the ornaments, as well as seeing the photos.

Rita:
Glad you liked the photos, and my Cthulhu ornament. I'd put the lights up anyway if it was me, but it is only a couple of days, so I wouldn't blame you if you decided to just leave them and put them up next year.