To be honest, my writing's been pretty slow lately. I mean, I've been writing, but my writing projects aren't progressing as quickly as is normal for me right now. They are progressing though... Slowly.
Mostly this is due to a combination of the upcoming holidays, and things going on in life in general to make it more difficult to get my writing time in. But it's also because I felt I needed some time to step back and focus on other interests a little. Sometimes you need to, you know?
So, I've been a bit more relaxed than I should be on my deadlines and goal setting recently. But, there's progress, and that's what really counts, right?
***
Would you like some publicity for you and your books? If so, check out these places for author interviews!
They could be an excellent oppertunity for you - or one of your characters - to be interviewed, or for you and your books to be featured on someone's blog in some other way.
Having those posts to mention when they go up is also a good way for giving yourself a reason to put something on your prefered social media sites, without you having to resort toauthor spam.
I sometimes do author spotlights too, but I don't generally publically advertise my willingness to do so, since I prefer to have read at least one book by an author before I do a spotlight post for them, and usually only spotlight authors of books I've enjoyed. Some may not like that I do it this way, but I do it because, while I want to promote other authors' work, I want to know that I'm promoting something that deserves it; I'd hate to think I was sat here singing the praises of a book, only to find it was one of those books with so many editing issues it looked worse than my first drafts, or something like that.
I also sometimes post things for authors I've read if they're doing something for a book release and want people to post about it. But, again, I prefer to have read at least one book by the author in question before posting anything for them.
Speaking of featuring authors and their books... Madeline Reynolds is doing a feature on her blog right now where she's giving a mention to various holiday themed books on her blog this month. And, guess what? My book "The Forgotten Angel" got included in the list... It was holiday book recommendation #4. Check out her blog for more great holiday book recommendations.
4 comments:
Forgotten Angel is a cute story!
Iggy:
I'm very proud of that one, personally, so I'm glad you think so.
Congratulations on your holiday mention! That's terrific! And thanks for the links and such. Enjoy taking a little time off and don't even begin to feel guilty about it. Sometimes stepping back is far more productive than writing just because you feel you must!
Jeanie:
Thanks! My thoughts exactly.
Post a Comment