Monday, December 28, 2015

TV talk and movie mutterings: 2015 holiday edition (FD)

Here's another post full of new to me movies and TV shows; this time with a Christmasy theme to it. So, grab your cocoa and cookies - or whatever your favourite holiday treat is - and enjoy!

As with the similar post from last month, I've not written very detailed reviews, but instead just given my opinion of the movie or TV show in question, so I've included links to where you can find out more about the movie or TV show, if you want to... Just click on the title of it, and you'll go right there.

So...

A Bride For Christmas (movie):
This one was a pretty good movie; perfect for those who enjoy a bit of romance in their holiday movies.

The Three dogateers (movie):
I thought this was a cute and entertaining movie, with some very amusing scenes; a great holiday movie for dog lovers.

Christmas Angel (movie):
I'm not sure how I feel about this movie. I didn't think too much of it at first, though there are some really nice scenes; some of them quite sweet or touching. Plus, it did have a nice ending. However, over all I wasn't too impressed with the movie, and found parts of it rather dull.

A Perfect Christmas List (movie):
Now this one I really enjoyed! Parts of it were amusing, parts of it were touching, and all of it was entertaining... This was a movie that was worth watching, that's for sure!

Santa Paws 2: The Santa Pups (movie):
This was a really cute movie; perfect for watching as a family, though anyone who loves holiday movies about the magic of Christmas, and is a dog lover, will enjoy it, I think. I bet my Kero would have loved it...

Shelby (movie):
Another great movie, which dog lovers will really enjoy.

Saving Santa (movie):
This one was good, but not great. It had some amusing and entertaining scenes, and I loved the ending, but overall it was only an "OK" movie, in my opinion.

Toy Story That Time Forgot (TV short):
Great for fans of the Toy Story movies, and very entertaining in general; I really enjoyed it.

A Snow Globe Christmas (movie):
A wonderful movie in general, and a great movie to watch with the family around the holidays.

12 Gifts Of Christmas (movie):
This was a really nice movie, which fans of classic romances may enjoy. The plot is a pretty slow one, so if you prefer a fast paced movie - which you probably aren't if you're watching a romance, but you never know - this one won't be for you. However, if you're looking for an old fashioned romance with a holiday theme to it, you should watch this movie.

The Christmas Note (movie):
This was a great movie, but an emotional one. If you enjoy the sort of Christmas movie where you'll be crying in to your cocoa - not necessarily sad tears, either - this movie's for you. This really was a beautiful movie, which felt like watching some of the old style holiday movies, but with a few modern references that helped to remind you that things can be that way even amid the chaos and technology of modern times.

Angels In The Snow (movie):
A beautiful and touching movie; another I think is perfect to watch as a family around the holidays, and one which illustrates the point I was making in my post last Wednesday about spending time with your family before it's too late to do so.

Holy Night (movie):
I didn't really think much of this one. I usually enjoy movies like this, with toys coming to life and all that, but I just wasn't impressed with this movie, and struggled to remain interested in it.

The Night Before The Night Before Christmas (movie):
I actually was watching this one on the night before the night before Christmas, as it happened, which was pretty cool. Anyway, it was a pretty good movie. Not my favourite of the ones I saw this year, but entertaining and enjoyable enough, with a great message to it.

It's A Wonderful Life (movie):
Yes, that's right... I'd never seen it before. I've been meaning to watch it the last couple of years, but kept missing the showings. Well, this year I managed to get to see it. So, what did I think of it? Well... I thought it was an excellent movie, with a beautiful message. I can see why it's a favourite of a couple of people I know, and think everyone should watch it at least once. I'm not sure I'd call it a new favourite of mine, but - as I said - I think it's an excellent movie, which everyone should watch at least once.

5 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Other than the last one - of which I have seen maybe 1/3 of - I've not seen any of these!

I can see Kero watching and enjoying a couple of these movies!!

Smiles and hugs!!

Jeanie said...

I saw a lot of the Christmas movies on our Hallmark channel. I enjoyed the 12 Days of Christmas too!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yes, Kero would have loved many of them.

Jeanie:
We have a channel called "movies 24" (or "Christmas 24" during November and December) which is basically your Hallmark channel, from what I could tell. It was on that channel I saw most of the movies mentioned in this post, though a couple of them were on other movie channels.

Rita said...

Other than the last one (which you know I watch every year) I hadn't seen any of these. Without regular TV any more I don't get the barrage of Christmas shows to pick from all season. Now--only a few more days of this year. Enjoy!! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yep, I know how much you love "It's A Wonderful Life"... Your love for the movie was one of the reasons I was wanting to watch it so badly.

I've been making the most of having my movie channels this year, that's for sure!