Wednesday, December 30, 2015

#Writing Wednesday: a look back at 2015

I decided to make today's post a look back on what's happened with my books this year. So...

In 2015 I:

*Published six children's stories; four stand-alone stories, and the first two books in my "Zeena Dragon Fae" series. This brings my total number of published stories to 37 (if you include the one published as part of the sci-fi and fantasy anthology last year).
*Published a short pet themed poetry collection, bringing my total number of published poetry collections to 6.
*Was able to get most of my backlist of books available as paperbacks, with a couple of others just waiting for me to get the proofs.

I also wrote several poems (a couple of which I shared on here, but most of wich you haven't seen yet). Plus, I have my next couple of stories in various stages of completion. The third Zeena book, for example, is currently starting its journey through the various re-writing and editing phases I put my books through before I let them out in to the big wide world to fend for themselves.

Not bad for a year's work, I think. Of course, I couldn't have done it completely alone. So, before I end this, I'd just like to say...

Thanks to my hubby, Kelly, for being supportive in general, describing covers to me when I need him to, putting up with my temper tantrums when things aren't going well with my writing, not yelling at me when I wake him up in the middle of the night to tell him I've just spotted a sale or review on one of my books, and letting me bounce ideas off him when I need a bit of help persuading my characters to do something interesting or exciting.

Thanks to Iggy for all his help with my books and their covers; especially the countless hours spent working on the cover files for the print editions.

Thanks to Jacob for his work on some of my book covers, and for all the times he's helped to spread the word about my books.

Also, thanks to anyone and everyone who helped to spread the word about my books, and/or brought my books... Be it the paperbacks or the eBooks... Especially if you also took the time to leave ratings and/or reviews for my books either where you brought them, on Goodreads, or both. Reviews help readers shop for books, which means they're very helpful to authors like me. In fact, anything you can do to help spread the word about my books is very helpful to me, and very much appreciated. So, if you did anything to help promote my books, left me reviews or ratings anywhere, or brought my books... Thank you!

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

Congratulations, Tori! That's very impressive -- I think most of us would be overthrilled with just one! After a roll like that, I think 2016 will be a piece of cake!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Jeanie! :)

Rita said...

What a productive year! You have good helpers, too. I would imagine 2016 will be productive, too. Happy New Year!! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Rita!

Yes, I have some very good helpers. :)

Intense Guy said...

I hope this helper finds the magic that finishes off those two book covers!!!

Ugh!

Hugs! Hope next year brings a best seller or two from you!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy! :)

Also, thanks again for sticking with me while trying to get these covers done...