Monday, December 14, 2015

The Blue Reef Aquarium revisited

Kelly and I went back to the aquarium to see the reptile room last Thursday. We also grabbed a couple of photos of some of the other animals we didn't manage to get usable shots of last time.

Like this lobster...


Angelus the Angel shark...


And the great white shark who'd been swimming about over our heads in the tunnel...


Anyway...

In the reptile room they had animals like this turtle...


These White Tree Frogs...


A Green Iguana named Kieth...


Some beetles...


A Royal Python named Bruce...


Another Royal Python named "The Professor" who we didn't get a photo of, and several other more camera shy reptiles, such as a Boa Constrictor, some Bull Frogs, and an Emperor Scorpion.

We would have handled some of them... The ones it was OK to do so with... But we were much too early for a reptile encounter, and by the time we'd had a wander around, and then been for lunch, I was too tired to be up for going back the same day. But, hey, at least we saw the reptile room this time.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love aquariums -- this sounds like a really terrific day. I find them completely mesmerizing!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yeah, the trip to the aquarium was fun. I was disappointed we missed the reptile encounter though.

Intense Guy said...

I love sea turtles. Every year when I manage to get to Florida I usually spot one or two in various places - I just never know when I will see one!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Then I'm really glad we made sure to take a photo of the turtle!

Rita said...

All great critters to see. I'm glad you made it back. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Rita! :)