Friday, February 26, 2016

Furkid Friday - February 26th 2016 (FD)

Hi humans, rodent types, and anyone else reading this.

This is Jasper the degu.

Know what one of my most favourite things in the world is?

NIBBLES!

I love eating nibbles, love the smells in the air when the humans make their nibbles, and love watching those TV shows where some humans show you how to make different kinds of nibbles.

You know what's a shame though?

Degus have to stick to strict diets, and there's an awful lot of stuff I'm not allowed to eat; no matter how good it looks and smells. I especially have to watch my sugar intake.

And, you know what?

There aren't any TV shows that talk about recipes for nibbles that are OK for degus to eat. At least, none that I've ever seen or heard of.

There are some recipes for degu friendly nibbles on this internet thingy though. Like these ones.

Mmm... They sure sound tasty... Don't you think?

Squeak soon,
Jasper

5 comments:

Rita said...

Those do sound like delicious treats--even humans can eat them. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yep... Absolutely!

Squeak soon,
Jasper

Intense Guy said...

You are absolutely right about one thing - there is a near total absence of Degu's on TV!

I think we all need to start a letter writing campaign and see if we can't get some!

Intense Guy said...

P.s., I think I would enjoy sampling those treats your human found the recipe on the Internet for!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yes, we should do that... It might be something a non-degu would have to do though, since I'm not sure my brothers and I could resist the urge to eat the paper.

Why don't you then? Sample the treats, I mean.

Squeak soon,
Jasper