Monday, February 22, 2016

Yet another loss since 2016 began

There have been a lot of losses over the past couple of months. Several famous people have died, and I know of a few friends who lost loved ones since 2016 started.

One of the people who left this world was someone I knew, though not very well. Her name was Helen, and she and her husband, Tom, were the people who took in our little Yorkshire Terrier, Lucy, when we couldn't keep her any more.

Lucy was about four and a half months old when they took her in, and had almost nine years of being pampered and loved by them (Lucy died shortly after her ninth birthday). In return, Lucy adored them, and was a great comfort to Helen whenever the struggles of life got to her; as they do with most of us at times.

It was almost a year and a half ago that Lucy went to sleep and never woke up, and it broke Helen's heart (Lucy died about a month and a half after Kero). Then, at the start of February, Helen went to join her beloved dog, who - I have no doubt - was waiting patiently for her on the other side of the rainbow bridge, just as I know Kero and Chance are waiting for the day my time will come to join them too.

Like I said, I didn't know Helen well; she was a close friend to one of my online friends. But I know she was a nice person, and I also know she adored Lucy, which is enough for me to feel the pain of her passing. Though, I dare say, not nearly as keenly as those who were closest to her, like her husband, Tom, or our mutual friend, Corinne.

Rest in peace, Helen.

And, to those of you who have lost someone close to you recently... My sympathies and thoughts are with you, and I'm sending you hugs across whatever distance seporates us from one another.

7 comments:

Jeanie said...

There will always be a spot in your heart for this wonderful woman who so opened her heart to your Lucy and gave her a good home for so many years. I'm very sorry for the loss, Tori.

Rita said...

Yes, been a lot of losses recently. She had to be a good woman to take in Lucy and love her and give her such a good life. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Jeanie and Rita.

Intense Guy said...

I can imagine Helen and Lucy are doing the Snoopy Dance of joy as I type this.

Lucy was lucky - she had some great humans!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
I'm sure they are. And, yes, I think she was. It's sad to think about, but many dogs aren't nearly as lucky as Lucy was.

Deanna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Helen. As you say, 2016 has already seemed to hold a lot of loss. Here's hoping the rest of the year is better.

Victoria Zigler said...

*Nods in agreement with Deanna*