Friday, February 05, 2016

Furkid Friday - February 5th 2016

Ummm... Hi everyone. This is Skye the rat.

I'm more nervous than usual today, because the weather has been really bad, and I don't like it one bit.

We had one of those "tropical storm" things, and the howling wind and lashing rain made me so frightened I spent most of the time hiding in the wooden house me and my sister, Star, have in our cage, and refusing to come out.

I can't tell you how relieved I've been on the days when the sun has shone and given me a break from all the scary storm sounds. Unfortunately, there haven't been many of those kinds of days in the past couple of months; we've had one storm after another.

The humans say the weather should clear up soon, because Spring and Summer are usually not quite so bad. I hope they're right!

In the meantime... I'm going back to hide...

Squeak soon,
Skye

4 comments:

Rita said...

Those loud storms can be quite scary. We are supposed to have a winter storm?blizzard with 50-60 mph winds this weekend. Karma will probably be cuddled with me on the chair. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Poor Karma! The Mummy human tells me it was her birthday. Trying to pretend scary storms don't exist doesn't sound like a great way for her to end her birthday. I hope the rest of her day was better?

Squeak soon,
Skye

Intense Guy said...

I think just about everyone will be welcoming Spring. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yeah, I think you're right.

Squeak soon,
Skye