Monday, December 12, 2016

Frost Fair 2016

The anual Frost Fair to welcome Winter in, and kick off the holiday celebrations for our area, was on Saturday November 26th 2016. The day was a little chilly, but otherwise really nice.

I meant for us to go down to watch the Frost Fair this year. I also meant to make sure my phone had a full battery so I could get some better shots, since my iPhone takes pretty good photos, but our ordinary camera isn't that great. Unfortunately, neither thing happened. I only remembered at the last moment that it was the day of the Frost Fair, and my phone's battery died just as I went to try and use it. So you'll have to put up with the slightly blurry photos we got from our living room window with the ordinary camera. I hope you enjoy them regardless of the poor photo quality. I need to get a new camera... *sigh*

Anyway... Here are the photos:


8 comments:

Danielle L Zecher said...

You're smart to get the pictures from your window instead of going out and braving the cold.

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
Yeah, it was certainly warmer indoors than outside, that's for sure.

Jeanie said...

A frost fair sounds fun. I'm like you -- I'd rather be an "ïnnie" than an outie on a cold day!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I don't mind the cold, and I don't mind being outside on a cold day, but I prefer to do so when I can keep moving. Standing still in the cold isn't much fun. Although, even that's better than standing out in the cold and wet, and at least it wasn't a wet day that day, which I'm sure everyone involved in the Frost Fair and parade was pleased about.

Rita said...

Looked like a miserable day for parades and celebrations. You were better off inside, I think. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
The camera makes the weather look worse than it was. But, yeah, it wasn't the brightest and warmest of days weatherwise.

Intense Guy said...

As long as you enjoyed it - inside or out!

Smiles!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yes, enjoying it is most important. *smiles*