Friday, December 23, 2016

#Furkid Friday: For Those Missing Someone This #Holiday Season

Hi there humans, rodents, and anyone else reading this. This is Joshua the degu.

The human caretakers were messing about with those things they call "holiday decorations" recently, and I heard them say Santa Paws was coming for his yearly visit soon. In fact, my gerbil brother, ratty sisters, chinchilla sisters, and I wrote a letter to Santa Paws, which you may have seen when it got posted on this bloggy thing last week.

I'm really excited about the toys and nibbles Santa Paws will hopefully be bringing, but I'm sad that my degu brothers won't be here to share them with me too, which stops me being quite as excited as I usually would have been.

I'm trying to be happy; trying to just enjoy the rest of my life, like my gerbil brother, Baggins, has been doing. But it's hard, and sometimes I get sad and miss my brothers terribly.

The Mummy human says she understands, and that humans have the same problem when they lose someone they love, especially when the holidays arrive, and especially if it was as close to the holidays as losing the last of my brothers, Jacob, is for me. So I'm hoping at least some of you who read this will understand how I'm feeling.

Although, in some ways I hope you don't, because it hurts to miss someone so much, and makes it hard to be excited about things when you do, especially if the thing you would have been excited about is something they loved as well.

For those who share my pain, and are missing someone so much it makes it hard to completely enjoy the holidays, this post is for you, to let you know that you aren't alone, and someone else is missing someone this holiday season too.

If you need a little help dealing with the holidays this year, you might want to take a look at this post the Jeanie human did. The Jeanie human is a friend of the Mummy human, who often comments on our posts, and I happen to think she gives some great advice in the article. I know the Mummy human thinks so too, and hope you will agree.

Squeak soon,
Joshua

6 comments:

Intense Guy said...

*hugs Joshua tight and slips him a tasty nibble*

It is so very hard.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Yes, it is. And thanks!

Squeak soon,
Joshua

Jeanie said...

Big pets to Joshua. The original Gypsy went through a great grief when Stimpy left this world. We often forget that they have relationships as we do.

Thanks for the shout-out. It is a tough time of year for many, even amidst carols and sparkles.

Meanwhile, I send you beautiful holiday wishes for the humans and creatures in your home.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks! Also, you're very welcome.

Squeak soon,
Joshua

Rita said...

Never forget that we are blessed to have had special souls in our lives that we miss when they are gone. To have those memories and the happiness TO miss. They were a gift. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
That's very true... Thanks for that reminder.

Squeak soon,
Joshua