Friday, December 09, 2016

#Furkid Friday: #Rodents Are In Charge (FD)

Hi everyone! This is Maizie the chinchilla.

I've been doing some training - or, more to the point, retraining - with my human caretakers. They were under this mistaken impression that they were in charge around here. I soon put them right. They need to learn that we only keep them around as our personal slaves to do things we can't manage ourselves, and sometimes for entertainment value. They need to remember that things should be done when we say so, not when they feel like getting around to doing them. I thought these human caretakers already knew that; I thought these human caretakers knew that we rodents are in charge around here.

I guess I thought wrong.

The stupid human caretakers thought they could sleep late and bring me and my rodent siblings our breakfast when it suited them. Um.. No! I'm already flexible enough to give them a three hour window in which to provide breakfast; the rule is that breakfast should be provided between 6:00am and 9:00am. You'd think that would be enough to make sure they could manage it, right? You'd also think they'd know the rules by now, since they've been my servants for more than six months. Plus, it's not like Mollie and I are their first furry masters. First chinchillas... Yes. But they've had other furry masters, some of which they still have. So you'd think they'd know the rules, right?

Apparently not!

Do you know what time they showed up to give us breakfast the other day? Noon! That's 12:00pm, which is three hours after the deadline for the latest breakfast should be served... THREE WHOLE HOURS!

OK, so it was a really good breakfast... It was an oatmeal day, which we love. My chinchilla sister, Mollie, and I are especially fond of oatmeal. But that's not the point. In fact, in some ways that makes it worse, because we had to wait all those extra hours before getting the oatmeal we love so much.

The Mummy human gave me some speach about how she was sorry, and she'd slept later than she planned. But I wasn't having it, and let her know I was cross with her, and that I expect better service in future. Breakfast hasn't been late since, so I think she got the message. I hope so, anyway, because I'd hate to have to waste my precious playing time and energy to train her yet again... I have better things to do, you know!

Squeak soon,
Maizie

8 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Well... I can see how getting breakfast so late would be off-putting.

Perhaps you should hid some treats in case it happens again and you get hungry?

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
But treats are so yummy we can't resist eating them right away...

Squeak soon,
Maizie

Victoria Zigler said...

Note from the human caretakers:
Their bowls weren't even empty. OK, there wasn't much food left in them, and they'd eaten all their favourite stuff, but it's not like they were actually out of food. They just wanted their morning piece of cereal, and were cross not to have it at the time they feel is correct for it to be offered.

Rita said...

So funny! Karma thought she ran the show here for morning treats but she had to make it a widder window of time--LOL! Our pets do like routine, though. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, they sure do.

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
You mean we don't run things? *looks shocked*

Squeak soon,
Maizie

Danielle L Zecher said...

Maizie, I hope your human caretakers are doing a better job. I know as a human caretaker myself, we do try our best.

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
Well, the human caretakers have been on time with nibbles lately, and letting us watch our crime shows, so we're pleased with their behaviour at the moment. I even let the Mummy human have some cuddle time with me as a reward this morning.

Squeak soon,
Maizie