Monday, March 20, 2017

A #Poem For The 2017 #Spring #Equinox

In the Northern hemisphere, the 2017 Spring (or Vernal) equinox comes on March 20 at 10:29 a.m. UTC (March 20 at 5:29 a.m. CDT). That's today... 29 minutes after the time this is scheduled to go live. Since that's the case, I thought I'd share a poem I wrote recently about Spring taking over from Winter. So, here it is:

Winter And Spring

Glad his work is done,
Winter lays down his weary head,
Content to spend the next nine months
Fast asleep in his comfortable bed.

Meanwhile, Spring is awakening,
And her energy knows no bounds.
She's ready to perform her dance,
That coaxes new life from grounds.


© 2017 ~ Victoria Zigler

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

I love the idea of a dance coaxing new life from the ground. Lovely, Tori.

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Jeanie!

Rita said...

Yes, I hope spring dances in and stays a long time before summer arrives--LOL! Lovely. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Rita!