Friday, March 10, 2017

#Furkid Friday: Joshua The #Degu's 4th Birthday (FD)

Hi humans, rodent types, and anyone else reading this. This is Joshua the degu.

(Above photo of me taken on March 2nd 2017).

Yesterday I got to have one of those birthday things, which meant extra treats. The human caretakers gave me both oatmeal and Cheerios for breakfast, and a treat I love called "chinchilla cookies" at dinner time. I really enjoyed everything, of course. I have cereal of some sort for breakfast every day, but I got a bigger helping than usual yesterday... I don't usually get two kinds of cereal.

The only way my birthday would have been better is if my degu brothers were here to share it with me. I'd have liked my gerbil brothers to have still been next door to my cage too. I miss my degu brothers and gerbil brothers. I miss my ratty sisters too. I know my chinchilla sisters are still here, but it's not the same. I don't understand why my rodent siblings keep going away, and I don't like it one little bit. I'm still watching the human caretakers in case they're up to something, but if they are then I don't know what it could be, since they don't seem to be doing anything different with us than they always have. I'll keep watching them though... Just in case.

Squeak soon,
Joshua

5 comments:

Rita said...

Happy Birthday, Joshua! You look quite happy. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks! Yeah, I'm pretty happy most of the time. I miss my degu and gerbil brothers, and sometimes get a bit sad when I remember they're gone. But mostly I play happily by myself and am OK with doing that. I'm just really suspicious of the human caretakers.

Squeak soon,
Joshua

Jeanie said...

Three cheers! Happy Birthday Joshua, and remember, those humans love you!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Thanks... I'll try to remember.

Squeak soon,
Joshua

Intense Guy said...

I hope there were lots of birthday treats!