Monday, September 10, 2007

Apple butter, etc

We made the apple butter, and it seems to have gone well. It's thickening nicely, and the bit Mam and I had to taste test it was very nice. The mixture made more than we'd expected, so we have quite a bit of apple butter. Mam took some home, but that still left me with quite a bit. I've put some of it in freezer safe containers so I can freeze it. I'm not sure how well it freezes, but it'll be better than having so many jars of it that it goes bad. The pic in today's post is a pic I took of the apple butter after we put it in the jars and containers. It's not completely cooled and set yet, but it's getting there. I think if we make it again though, we wont be making as much as the recipe calls for. LOL!

In other stuff...

Last night, I watched 'Mr And Mrs Smith' on one of the movie channels. It was an "OK" movie, but I didn't think all that much of it really. I didn't mind watching it, but it's not something I'd go out and buy.

This morning, I called to make my appointment for the gynaecologist. I'll be going on September 27th at 4:05 pm. Sooner than I'd thought, but that's a good thing. Hopefully they'll be able to tell if these tablets are sorting me out like they're meant to, or if they're going to need to do more.

Tori

7 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

so the apple butter turned out well then and i hope it doe's freeze ok.

glad you got your hospital appointment now perhaps you will get some answer to your problem.

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
I hope so too.

LadyStyx said...

The apple butter looks yummy, though not like you see in the stores...possible (actually more than likely)the companies that make it add something to darken the color some. I'll have to look up a recipe for it so I can make my own. Hubby wont eat it and I only want it once in a while, not enough to warrant a huge jar of it.

Good luck on the dr appt. I hope you get the answers that you're wanting.

theteacher said...

Hang in there Tores, we know these things can take time! Maybe you should call your first kid 'Patience' if it's a girl? LOL. Waiting isn't my strong point either!

Kati said...

Looks like the apple butter turned out very well! Congrats on trying something new & getting it made!

Tori_Z said...

LadyStyx:
Firstly, it did darken a bit when it cooled down more. Secondly, I think you're right about them adding something to the store bought stuff. They usually do. And thirdly, if you don't want a lot of it, just reduce the measurements in the recipe I have in my online recipe book.

Rachel:
Thanks. And, I agree that 'patience' would be a very apropriate name, but I think I'm going to go with a different name. LOL!

Tori_Z said...

Kati:
Sorry didn't see your comment when I was replying to comments earlier. But, by the look of it we were posting about the same time. Anyway, thanks! :)