Friday, September 07, 2007

Kero and town

As I mentioned in the comments section of yesterday's blog post, seeing the photo of Jayde as a baby reminded me of how small Kero was when we brought him home. So, I thought I'd post this photo of him sleeping by my feet the day he came home. Bear in mind I have small feet. I wear a size 5, 6 or 7 shoe (depends on the width) which, to those not in the U.K. I think is a size 7, 8 or 9 shoe (I know that's what it would be in Canada anyway). I'm only telling you my shoe size so you can have some idea of how small Kero was.

Anyway, I think that's enough about my feet. LOL!

It's been a lovely day. Not too cold, not too hot. And I decided I wanted to do something that would mean I'd be outside. So, after taking Kero for a long-ish walk by the river, I decided to catch the bus in to town. The market is there on a Friday, so I had a look around. I didn't get much, but I did get a couple of presents for people for Christmas. I don't usually start gift shopping yet, but I keep seeing stuff I'd like to get people, so I've ended up making an early start this year. Ah well, at least I wont be one of those people being shoved around and still not getting what I wanted during the "Christmas rush" in November and December. The rate I'm going, I'll have everyone's gifts brought by the end of October. LOL!

I got a letter asking me to call and arrange a date and time for an appointment to see the gynaecologist, but I haven't had a chance to call. I was going to call today, but ended up going to town instead. I thought I'd be home in time to be able to call when I got home, but I missed the bus I'd hoped to catch, so ended up sat at the bus stop for almost an hour waiting for a bus home. I guess it'll have to wait until Monday now... *sigh*

I got a call from my Nan this afternoon/evening asking about going in to town together one time, since we rarely get to even speak to one another half the time. We decided we'd go one Friday when we're both free. Maybe next Friday, depending on who needs to do what, if you know what I mean.

I think that's about it for today.

Tori

5 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

glad you have heard from the gaene people at last and lets hope its not to long before things get going.

and that is a lovely little photo of kero when he was a baby.

and i am chatting to lizzie at the moment and i have forgotton what else you had on your blog, so i will comment on the rest of it tomorrow, ok.

Kati said...

Sounds like a nice little visit to the market. OMG Kero was so small. What kind of dog is he????

LadyStyx said...

My little Dharma liked doing that too. Every now n then she still likes to curl up at my feet.

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
I hope so too!

Kati:
Yes it was, and yes, he was really small, wasn't he? He's a fair bit bigger now. LOL! Anyway, he's a Westie (West Highland White Terrier). He was 9 & 1/2 weeks old in that pic, and is now almost 3 & 1/2 years old.

LadyStyx:
Kero still curls up by my feet from time to time too. And he sleeps by my feet almost every night in bed. I have to say "almost" because some nights he goes back to his puppy habit of sleeping by my head on the pillow, which is a bit of a pain because he's now about the same size as the pillow when he curls up, so that leaves no room for my head on the pillow. LOL!

LadyStyx said...

LOL@ Kero on the pillow. I had a cat that would do that. He'd stretch across the pillow and slip his paw into my hand until I fell asleep. I had another who'd get under the covers and stretch out in the little space between my belly and the edge of the bed. That one, too, would wait until I was asleep before getting up. Dharma climbs up and stays only about 5 minutes or so as if she was coming up just long enough to "tuck me in". Pets can be so funny that way.