Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Tuesday evening

A little while after I finished my blog post yesterday (Monday) Mam phoned and asked if we (Kelly, Kero and I) would walk through the park to meet her, Dad and Willow. So, that's exactly what we did.

Dad brought me a Lego fire engine because he saw it when he was shopping yesterday and remembered that I wanted some Lego of my own (since I still haven't managed to get them to give me their Lego collection... LOL!) I built my fire engine, but it doesn't look like the one on the box. I don't care though, it's MY fire engine!

nyway, Mam and Willow came and spent the afternoon with me and Kero while Kelly went up to my parents' place to play some warhammer or something. Mam, Willow, Kero and I went on a couple of long walks so that Willow didn't spend too much time at my place, because her and my cats don't see eye to eye. They (Mam and Willow) stayed for dinner, but went home soon after that.

It was a lovely day yesterday, so whenever we were at home, the back door was open. I'm glad it was, because that was sort of how I managed to get the picture in today's post. It was a couple of hours after Mam and Willow left, and it was starting to get a bit chilly, so I went to close the door and saw the beautiful pink-ish colour of the clouds behind the tree that's not far from our gate, and decided to get a photo. I think it came out quite well. There are a few more in my photo albums if you want to take a look at them.

I ended up having a late night last night. Not good, because I had to be up early this morning. I promised my Mam I'd go to the gym with her today (Tuesday) so I had to be up at 6:00 am to be ready to catch the bus about 6:45 am. I managed it, but only just. LOL!

Didn't do much in the gym. Just 15 minutes or so on the 'cross trainer.' For one thing, I was too tired, for another, I don't like using most of the equipment. I told Mam I'd go "every so often" but I'm not all that enthusiastic about gyms. I was a member, and went regularly at one time, but I didn't enjoy it. Besides, I can think of better things to be doing at 7:30 am. Like sleeping. LOL! It's not that I don't like to be up early, it's just that I can rarely get to sleep early, so getting up to do lots of exercises two or three hours after going to sleep isn't my idea of fun. Still, a promise is a promise.

After the gym, we went down into the main town (the gym is on the outskirts of the town) to have something to eat and run a couple of errands. I had my usual tuna, sweetcorn, cheese and onion baguette, but I was REALLY hungry this morning, and fancied something sweet, so I also had a fruit scone with jam and cream in it and icing on the top. And, yes, I did enjoy it. LOL!

I ended up buying a couple more Christmas presents for people. Plus, something to put aside for Kero for Yule. And I talked to someone about what I'm getting someone else. I can't say more than that in case the person happens to stop by and read my blog.

Anyway, I've wanted - for a little while now - to taste apple butter. I have a recipe for it, but wanted to try some made by someone else first so I could know if mine tasted right when I tried to make it. LOL! But the little health food store in town doesn't sell it. They said they could "try" to see if they could get some, but I told them not to bother and that I'd just make my own. I couldn't remember everything I needed to make it though, so I couldn't get the stuff in the food shopping this week. Turns out all I don't have are cooking apples. LOL! But I figure I'll get some next week and have a go at making it then. Besides, I don't have any empty jars to put it in after it's made, so I need time to empty some. LOL!

Before we did the food shopping, we went and had a drink in Tesco. We didn't have the hot chocolate drink this time though. Don't know why Mam didn't, but I didn't have it because I just didn't feel like having it.

When I got home, I was exhausted, so I went for a nap. By the time I got up it was time to sort dinner for everyone (Kero, the cats, Kelly and, of course, myself). I had the rice and vegetables that were left from dinner last night (we made too much) and Kelly had some pasta with some kind of pasta sauce thingy all over it.

So, that basically brings us to the point when I started working on this post. Enjoy what's left of your day.

Tori

7 comments:

KAYLEE said...

sounds great I am hanging in there lets say:)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

well at least you went to the gym and thats a start isnt it.

i love the picture of the sky, i keep saying i am going to take one at this end, but i keep forgetting to do it.

LadyStyx said...

That's a pretty pic...it'd make a nice wallpaper for the monitor.

Sounds like you had a very eventful day. Im not one for going to a gym personally, but if I have the equipment in my house Im more than happy to use it. Just not at that hour of the morning...dang I aint even VERTICAL at that hour! Im more of a late nighter myself as well.

AliceKay said...

Nice pic, Tori. Glad you could get a snap of it before it changed it's colors.

Tori_Z said...

Kaylee:
Fair enough... Hope things get better for you soon! *hugs*

Grandma:
True, that is what counts.

I had a feeling you'd like the picture.

LadyStyx:
Yeah, it would, wouldn't it?

I had an excercise bike in my room at one point, but I sold it when I went to Canada, and since I live in a much smaller place now wouldn't have room to get a new one. Mind you, I can't say I'd use it very often even if I did. I mean, I enjoy going for walks, and I would like to be a bit fitter and all that. BUT it's boring riding a bike that's going nowhere, or running on the spot, or doing all that other stuff you do at the gym. But going every so often, even if it's just for a short spurt on the cross trainer, and even if it has to be at such an early time will do me good.

AK:
Thanks. I'm glad I could too! Good thing I looked outside when I did, or I'd have missed it!

Karen said...

Well tori you should be like your mam and have energy! LOL!

Tori_Z said...

Mam:
I think you have my share of energy as well as your own. LOL!