Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Cloudy but dry Tuesday

We've been having some awful weather. Well, awful if you don't like storms anyway, which means that people like Carl (my brother) who enjoy curling up in a blanket and listening to storms wouldn't have thought the weather was awful. The Monday after we moved in here, for example, the storm was so bad it knocked our electric off for a bit in the morning. Also, the lightning was so bright that even "I" could see it - even though it was day time, so light anyway - and the claps of thunder were impressive! And we've had several storms like that over the past couple of weeks. And then there's been the rain and the hail... There was meant to be snow too, but I guess it didn't make it this far South. We did get some frost though. Anyway, today is nothing like that. It's a bit cloudy, and not the warmest of days, but at least it's dry, and the sun is "trying" to shine. I even have washing on the line (first time I've been able to use the line since we moved in).

I've got the back door open, and Kero's running in and out as he pleases. I think he's enjoying it. We're keeping an eye on what he's up to though, just in case he finds a gap in the fence we hadn't noticed, or figures out that if he really wanted to he could jump the fence (it's only about 2 feet high). I'll be glad when we can get better - and higher - fencing sorted and he can be left out there for a couple of minutes without me worrying that he's done a runner and is on his way in to town again.

My Mam had to come get my mobile phone and take it to the shop for them to send off for me. I "think" I might have accidentally deleted the speech programme off it... Oops! What happened was... I was "trying" to figure out how to access the memory card on the phone so I could know how to access songs on it if I put them on there from my PC. I must have cleared the memory card - which was where the programme had been stored by the phone company - instead though, because the phone stopped talking to me. Normally if you turn it off then back on it'll sort itself out. Nope! So, I asked Kelly to take a look for me and he couldn't find the programme any more. I called the company and they said it sounds like I did what I think I did, so the phone has to be sent away again for the programme to be put back on it. Oops! They said if they have a phone with it already on in the store I'd be able to borrow that one while mine's sent away, but I don't think there's much chance of that. I've decided that from now on I'll leave the memory card well enough alone, and either get a cable for transfering from the PC to the phone or just make do with the songs we managed to send via bluetooth from my old phone (Ronan Keating - If Tomorrow Never Comes, and Doc Walker - Rocket Girl).

I think that's just about everything. So... Enjoy whatever's left of your day. :)

Tori

7 comments:

Kati said...

Hey Tori!!! Sorry to hear about the mix-up with your phone. I hope the phone people can get it sorted out quickly for ya, so you don't have to go long without.

Have a GREAT Wednesday!

Tori_z said...

Thanks Kati. Hope you're having a great Wednesday :)

They told Mam the phone should be sorted and ready to be picked up on April 3rd. We're going almost in to the city that day anyway because I have a hospital appointment, so it should end up being excellent timing (providing the only problem is that I did what I think I did).

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

i can see kero running in and out of the back door he must think he is in heaven" bless him ".

sorry to hear your phone has gone back to be mended and yes i think you should leave it alone in future,lol.

thank goodness we havent had your thunder storms down here, but we have had the rain and wind .

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
Yes, I think he probably did think he was in heaven. LOL!

KAYLEE said...

(providing the only problem is that I did what I think I did).

Huh what did you do?

Tori_z said...

Kaylee:
I "think" I accidentally deleted the speech programme off my phone. Wouldn't be an issue for most people, but I can't use the phone properly without it (well, if I know the numbers by heart I can dial them, but I can't find numbers in my phone's address book, or send texts without the speech programme).

KAYLEE said...

oh okay i get it!