Monday, March 31, 2008

Lights, food and things

Is it considered cheating if the only person in the house who was up and about during "Earth Hour" doesn't need lights to do things anyway? I don't think it is. I mean, I could have done plenty of stuff that involved using electric, but I didn't. So, it wasn't cheating really, was it?

"I Would Do Anything" finished literally just before 8:00 pm. Normally on a Saturday night I'd leave the TV on so I could watch "Casualty" before coming on here to check blogs, etc. But I didn't. I turned the TV off the second "I Would Do Anything" was over, and it stayed off the rest of the night.

I've subscribed to a braille magazine that contains childrens' stories and is sent out every two months. My first copy of it arrived Saturday morning, so I thought "Earth Hour" would be a fantastic time to make a start on reading it. My braille reading is quite slow since I've not really used it much since not long after I was first taught to read braille when I was in my early teens, so it ended up taking me the best part of an hour to read one of the short stories anyway. I was quite proud of myself though, because I managed to easily recognise all the contractions. That probably doesn't mean anything to most of the people who read my blog, but it will mean something to some people, and anyone else who wants to know is welcome to ask. Anyway, like I said, it took most of that hour to read the one story. then I just sat cuddling Kero and Megan for a while until it was a little after 9:00 pm. I probably would have stayed there longer, but I wanted a bath before it got too late (I don't like to go straight to bed after a bath if I can help it).

I don't know why I didn't put what I did Saturday night in the blog post I did before checking other people's blogs and going to bed, but for some reason I didn't. Oh, well, anyone who wanted to know will know now. LOL!

Anyway...

The little dog upstairs got quite upset Saturday evening. I'm not sure if it was the fact she had to be left on her own for a bit, or if it was because she didn't like the really nasty weather we were having, or maybe it was a combination of the two? Either way, she got VERY upset. We saw the woman from upstairs while we were outside waiting for my parents to come get us yesterday (Sunday) to go to their place for dinner, and she appolagised for the dog's noise. But, as we said to her, there's not really anything she can do about the dog making a noise if she's not there, and everything was quiet by the time it was starting to get late enough for us to want to go to bed. Besides, the noise of the dog is nothing compared to the stuff we were putting up with where we used to be.

She told us about somewhere new we can take Kero for walks. If Kelly remembers the directions she gave, maybe we can go check it out one day when it's nice enough and we're not doing anything else? I'm sure Kero would appreciate it, and I know the walk would do us all some good.

Yesterday (Sunday) was quite nice weather. It stayed dry and sunny all day. But then, of course it did, because I wasn't at home to do washing and put it on the line. I bet it's going to be wet today just to spite me. LOL!

As I've already mentioned, we went to my parents' place for dinner yesterday. Mam made a beef dinner. Normally we'd have had roast potatoes, but Mam decided she fancied new potatoes instead, which was a nice change (yes, Grandma, we did have the mint on them).

Dad intended coming in when we were brought home to put up our curtain pole in the living room, and put up the bathroom cabinets. But, with the clocks going forward, everyone ended up behind with everything, so instead Mam brought us home, and they are hoping to come to do the curtain pole and bathroom cabinets today (Monday) when they come in to town to go shopping.

I didn't mind everyone being a bit behind yesterday, because it meant that Mam made me a lovely late breakfast. It was a warm croissant with chocolate spread in the middle, and let me tell you, it was DELICIOUS! Mam also made me scrambled eggs and mushrooms on toast before we left in the evening. So, I was definately well-fed yesterday, what with the croissant, the beef dinner, and the egg and mushrooms on toast.

I don't know if my mind and body were finally just ready to give up and let me sleep, or if it was all that good food that did it, but I had the best night sleep I've had in almost a week last night. I ended up missing the results show for "I Would Do Anything" because we got home around 7:00 pm, but I was asleep by 7:30 pm. Got woken up around 8:00 pm by the phone, and was convinced that was going to be it for the night after that. I was wrong (thankfully). I went pretty much straight back to sleep, and didn't wake again until about 11:40 pm. Only woke then because I had to pee (which I'm sure you needed to know, lol). Was back asleep within a few minutes of getting back in to bed (so, I was back asleep before midnight) and didn't wake again until just after 3:00 am. I did stay in bed until about 4:00 am, but I was too wide awake to kid myself I'd get any more sleep, so I got up. OK, it was only about 7 hours sleep total, but after having only about 10 hours sleep in the space of 4 days, 7 hours sleep in one night feels like a wonderful gift. LOL!

OK, well, I think that about covers it for now. Besides, I haven't had any breakfast yet, and with talking about what I had at my parents' place yesterday I'm getting quite hungry.

Hope everyone has a good Monday, :)

Tori

9 comments:

LadyStyx said...

Ohhh that breakfast sounded so yummy. And that snack before leaving....man , now Im all hungry again and I need to be getting into bed for the day. *sigh* Maybe a nice slice of cinnamon toast before I turn in....

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

I quite agree with "ladystyx" all that mention of food doe's make one feel " peckish"lol.

glad you managed to get some sleep at last, there is nothing worse than having a sleepness night or nights,and like you tori i know what its like.

glad you had mint on your new potatoe's,lol.

and hope you get your pole and cabinettes up today. :)

Intense Guy said...

I turned off my light too. I usually only have one (or two) on anyway. I even shut off the computer for an hour too.

I wonder what shutting the lights off will accomplish. Hopefully something good will come of it as people (especially in the USA) need to wake up to the facts about the downsides of their energy use.

LadyStyx said...

*adds "peckish" to her English-American dictionary*

~smiles~

pole? Taking up dancing perhaps?

Cabinettes *checks E-A dictionary* ahh yes "cupboards" ...they weren't up when you got the place? Well that's plum silly.

AliceKay said...

*hugs*

KAYLEE said...

you ok?

Tori_z said...

Grandma:
I'm glad I got some sleep too. LOL!

Iggy:
Not entirely sure what it will accomplish, but hopefully it'll make people wake up and realise we can't keep using all the world's resources and mistreating our planet the way we are for much longer.

LadyStyx:
Pole = rod. You know? The thing you hook your curtains up on at the window.

I don't think it would be fair on the people of this world if I was to make them endure even the thought of me attempting to pole dance. Isn't it enough I unleashed my attempts at singing on the world? LOL!

Kaylee:
Yeah, I'm OK. Just didn't get a chance to get back on the PC.

How're you doing?

LadyStyx said...

LOL@ Tori...Ohhhh a rod...gotcha ;) *gigglez* so long as my comment made ya laff Im happy.

Tori_z said...

Then you must be really happy, LOL!