Friday, March 28, 2008

Whispers in the wee hours

It's the early hours of Friday morning, and I can't sleep. So, I thought I'd stop by and do a post.

I didn't get on to do a "proper" post on Wednesday, because I got in to the TV. During the time I spent without my internet connection I started watching some stuff on TV in the evenings. It started out as just something to do, but now I've started getting in to some of the shows. Anyway, by the time I'd watched what I wanted to on Wednesday night and done my scattergories post, it was late, and I was tired. There wasn't much to write about for Wednesday anyway, because I didn't do much else.

Thursday (yesterday) Kelly and I had to go register at our new doctor. We had one of those "tell us your medical history" type check-ups, and they weighed us and took our blood pressure. My blood pressure was quite high. I don't remember exactly what it was, but I know the bottom number was 100, which isn't a good thing really. I've got to go back in two weeks to have it checked again to make sure it's not staying high. Got to go see the nurse for the asthma clinic that day anyway, so I can get both done at the same time. I only saw an asthma nurse a month or so ago, but because of changing doctors I guess they want me to see "their" asthma nurse. I haven't actually met my new doctor yet, but the nurse who took all our details was really nice. So was the woman at reception. Also, the place itself seemed really nice. It's just a shame that the nurse I had to talk to to get all my pills, inhalers and drops put on repeat prescription wasn't very nice. Still, you can't have everything, can you? :)

Anyway...

We got the cooker plumbed in today. No, it's Friday now, so it was yesterday we got it plumbed in. Either way... Dad and Wayne waited at our place while we went to the doctor, because Dad was going to be putting up a curtain pole for me (except we forgot to tell him where it was, so he couldn't do it... Oops) and Wayne was here to watch Kero, and to be there to answer the door if the guy came to fit the cooker (he said he might today). Good thing we arranged for them to be here, because he showed up while we were at the doctor, and by the time we got home was pretty much done fitting the cooker (I'd told him if it was my Dad who was there he could go ahead and do it, and I'd told Dad he might be coming). So, we can eat some "real" food now! YAY! It's amazing how much you miss proper home-cooked meals when you don't have them for a while. Makes you appreciate them more.

I can't think of anything else to write right now, plus I'm finally starting to feel a bit sleepy, so, I'll let this do for now and head to bed. Might do another post later if anything worth posting about happens. LOL!

Hope you all have a great Friday. :)

Tori

8 comments:

KAYLEE said...

GOOD POST! I am glad you can have food now1 I really hope your high blod pressure doesnt mean anything is wrong!

LadyStyx said...

Yes, it's always good to have all the appliances up and running. I know where ya coming from getting used to watching certain programs in the evening. I used to be like that back in Texas. Not so much here because I keep forgetting (there's an hour difference between here and there). AH well. Told hubby we gotta get ourselves to the drs as well this week for a "getting to know you" visit as well as refills on my allergy meds.

AliceKay said...

I'm sure you and Kelly will enjoy the home cooked meals just a tad bit better now. :)

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

sorry you had a bad night, but very pleased that you got the cooker fixed and can now have " real " food.

so i presume that your dad will have to come back and do the things that he couldnt do.

hope all go's well with your blood presure and it soon gets back to normal.

Intense Guy said...

The "real food" might help the blood pressure too... microwave food tends to be a bit on the salty side, at least it is around here.

Tori_z said...

Kaylee:
Thanks. I think it was just a case of stress and the fact we'd been running late so I had to rush.

LadyStyx:
I hope everything goes smoothly when you go for your "getting to know you check-up" :)

AK:
Yeah, we probably will appreciate them more.

Grandma:
Yes. He's planning to come back and sort the stuff Sunday afternoon/evening (all being well).

Iggy:
You could be right. Those microwave meals do contain a lot of salt, and since I rarely use salt it could be at least part of the reason for the high blood pressure.

Kati said...

*grin* That's the way I felt after 3 days in Anchorage... Even though most of the food we were eatting was fantastic, it wasn't home cooked in MY kitchen. There's just nothing like a home cooked meal.

Glad you were able to get your oven & stove plugged in. I hope your dad can get your curtain rod hung up easily now that he knows where it's at. Have a GREAT weekend, Tori!

Tori_z said...

Exactly, Kati.

I'm sure it will be easy enough for him to get the curtain pole up tomorrow.

Hope you have a great weekend too. :)