Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wednesday's writing related ramblings - March 11th 2015

I did get a bit more writing time in during this past week, though I admit most of it was yesterday.

I hope to have something more exciting to say about my writing soon; now that the move is over. But, in the meantime...

Do you want to encourage children to read? If so, participate in March-ing books to kids and donate some books. Or, if you aren't able to donate any, just spread the word, and encourage your friends to do so.

Are you a fan of books in the Young Adult genre? If so, you might be interested in the adventures in YA publishing blog. It's full of author interviews, information about new releases in the genre, and sometimes even giveaways.

Here's an interesting post I spotted recently... It's aimed at teachers trying to encourage children to write, but the amazing cure for students that won't write contains tips that could potentially be tweaked to work for any reluctant writer; including yourself, with a bit of thought and creativity.

I've known about this one for a while, but don't remember posting about it on my blog... If you're a gamer, you should check out Paizo's website (if you haven't already). It's a good source for people who like to use the Pathfinder roleplaying system. Fantasy writers may also find it a potentially useful resource for information on some of the creatures that may appear in their books.

In honour of World Book Day, which was last week; March 5th, to be exact - and which I meant to mention in last Wednesday's post, but forgot - here are some interesting book related facts you might like to read. The same site posted these 30 interesting facts about books and 10 words every book lover should know posts. Two of the three links in this paragraph are old posts, but I figured I'd post them anyway, since I've never put them on my blog, so they may be new to you.

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Hi Tori -- thanks for the good links -- and also for your visit to the Gypsy! Happy reading and writing!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
You're welcome; thanks for stopping by! :)

Intense Guy said...

I hope the recent walk to the beach inspires you to write some more!!

Is there a Dolly Dolphin series in the works? Smiles.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Not yet, but you never know... I dare say something ocean themed will crop up among my books in the not-too-distant future; how can it not when I can hear the ocean while I write now?