Friday, June 26, 2015

Furkid Friday - June 26th 2015

Hellooo everyone!

This is Baggins the gerbil.

A human came to visit us yesterday. She's one of the pair of humans who were going to buy the house we used to live in, but now it looks like she's becoming friendly with my humans, since she's visited a couple of times since we moved here.

I don't mind though, because she was also being friendly with us rodent types.

She especially seemed to like me and my ratty sister, Skye, and was talking to us while trying to pet us through the bars of our cage.

Skye even got a tummy rub.

I'm not a big fan of tummy rubs myself, but would have liked a little more attention; I was enjoying having her making a fuss of me... Until my brother, Bilbo, tried to bite her fingers, which made her decide that was enough attention for us gerbils for one day.

I was a bit annoyed with Bilbo for trying to bite the nice human, but Bilbo doesn't care; he bites anyone and anything, and doesn't care what anyone thinks of him for it. It doesn't matter how many times the humans tell him biting is bad.

I hope Bilbo's attempt at biting her didn't make her dislike us gerbils, since I'd like her to make a fuss of me if she visits again.

Maybe next time Bilbo will stay out of the way, rather than trying to bite her? I can but hope!

Squeak soon,
Baggins

2 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Maybe the local pet store has Gerbil muzzles and you can convince your human to get one for next time? Seems a shame Bilbo would ruin your chance for attention!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
I think Bilbo would eat the muzzle before the humans could get it on him. That's if they even make them small enough for us gerbils.

Squeak soon,
Baggins