Friday, June 05, 2015

Furkid Friday - June 5th 2015

Hi humans, rats, other rodent types, and anyone else who's reading this.

This is Star the rat.

My humans put this strange thing in our cage a few weeks back. They say it's called a "wheel" and that we're supposed to run on it. I can't figure out why we'd want to run on it though, and neither can my sister, Skye.

Now, don't get me wrong, it's a great climbing toy; though it's easier to climb if we put one of our wooden toys on it to stop it moving. It also makes a nice seat. But we see no point in running on it.

We did try, but running on it got us nowhere, and what's the point of running when you're not going to get anywhere? It's a waste of time, if you ask me!

The boys run on their wheel quite often, and it doesn't get them anywhere either.

Well, our brothers might be daft enough to fall for that running in one place trick of the humans, but we rats aren't; my sister and I are much too smart for that.

I mean, I'm not sure what the purpose of that trick was - though there's bound to be one; there usually is with humans. But, whatever the humans had hoped to achieve, it won't work... Not with me and Skye!

Squeak soon,
Star

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

You are one smart rodent type!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thank you; I know I am!

Squeak soon,
Star

Rita said...

None of my rats would run on wheels, either. I do think they're too smart for it or just not that into running for running sake. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Interesting... Must be a rat thing then.