Monday, June 22, 2015

Monday's random mutterings - June 22nd 2015

Yesterday (Sunday, June 21st 2015) was Fathers' Day. So, a belated happy Fathers' Day to my Dad, Kelly's Dad, and all the other Dads out there.

Yesterday was also the Summer Solstice in the northern hemisphere, which would mean it was the Winter Solstice in the southern hemisphere. So, a belated blessed Solstice to all who read this.

***

That storm I said was coming broke far enough out to sea that we didn't see much evidence of it, so we've been enjoying some really nice weather all week; the temperature's been all over the place though.

Until today.

It started to pour with rain in the early hours of this morning, and it's still raining now.

***

I was meant to have my hospital appointment to sort my other wisdom tooth this past Wednesday, but I still wasn't feeling well when Monday rolled around, so I thought I better reschedule, since they like to have as much notice as possible if you can't make your appointment.

Unfortunately, the soonest they can fit me in again is the end of July.

My new appointment is for July 29th 2015 at 3:15pm.

Well, at least that gives me plenty of time to shake the last of this cold.

Luckily, the wisdom tooth this is about isn't really causing any problems at the moment, so at least I'm not in serious pain while waiting to be sorted (like I was with that other tooth). I get a slight twinge - which is more discomfort than pain - from it every now and then, but it doesn't happen very often, and it's mild enough to ignore. As long as nothing changes between now and the end of July, I should be able to have them get it out before I start having any real pain from it.

And, hey, if not, at least I won't be sufferring with it for nearly as long as I did with that other tooth... I still can't believe it took them six months to sort that one out!

***

Remember the giveaway I posted about a little over a week ago?

I won!

Well, OK, I wasn't the only winner; other people won stuff too. But, still...

I won my choice of a free copy of any of the books from the series. So, since I already have the first book in the series, I asked for the second... Evolution.

I'm really excited about reading it, since I really enjoyed the first book in the E series!

Also... YAY for winning a free book!

***

I've been a member of a group on Goodreads called Children's Books for a while.

It's never been a very active group, but lately it's been even quieter. I learned why when another member ealized the moderator had disappeared, so the group no longer had one, and he decided to pick up the reigns.

To cut a long story short... After I thanked him for doing so, and we exchanged a couple of messages, we decided to be co-moderators, so we're now both running the group, and working on attempting to breathe new life in to it by encouraging the members to start - and participate in - discussions.

Anyway, I just thought I'd mention it so that anyone who reads this can go check the group out if they like.

As the name suggests, it's a group for authors and readers of children's books, where people can hang out and chat about their favourite children's books from childhood, or children's books they've read more recently. Plus - in the case of members who are authors of children's books - have an oppertunity to talk about their books somewhere they have a chance of getting potential new readers.

I also plan to organize the ocasional reading challenge for the group members.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

You're busy, Tori! Nice for you to step up to the plate at Good Reads. And I'm glad your tooth isn't too bad. I hope you're feeling much better soon -- and that time till your appointment flies!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Jeanie!

Intense Guy said...

I'm glad the tooth isn't a pain - it took them far too long the last time around!

Hey congrats on the win!!! Smiles!

And lastly, you will be a great moderator!! I hope the group comes back to life and that there is lots of give and take - the stuff that inspires stories and works out the issues!

Rita said...

Sorry you still weren't feeling well enough to have the tooth out. I know I still have sinus issues from either the cold or allergies. Not sure anymore which it is--LOL!
Congrats on winning the free book and being the co-moderator of the children's books group. You are always busy! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Thanks!

I hope the group comes back to life too. Unfortunately, though I can do my best, and intend to, it will take work from the members too, so only time will tell.

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks! If it's the cold, I hope you get better soon. If it's allergies, then I hope they aren't bugging you too much.

Yep... I'm always busy.