Friday, June 30, 2017

#Furkid Friday: Lilie The #Westie Gets Settled In (LBE & FD)

Hi everyone! This is Lilie the Westie.

I've been here now for a little over a month, and I'm really making myself at home here.

Here I am exploring my new home:


The Mummy human has this weird stick thing...


I don't know what it's for. I know she uses it whenever we go outside, but I can't figure out why. It's covered in all kinds of interesting smells from all the places she's been to though. I don't know any other humans who use sticks like this. Not that I know that many humans, I suppose. But it's only the Mummy human who I've met who has one of these white stick things. Her eyes seem to be broken, so I wonder if that's why she has the white stick thing? I'm sure I'll figure it out eventually.

Anyway, when I arrived at this new place, I found this box of toys waiting for me:


Yep, they're really all just for me!

So, here's a short video clip of me playing with my triceratops toy. It has a squeaker in its tummy, and a crinkly frill around its neck (I especially love the crinkly frill). I've loved playing with this toy since the day I came to live with these humans I now find myself living with. Anyway, here's the video:








Here are a couple of photos of me playing with a puppy tennis ball with the Mummy human:


This Gromit toy is fun...


But the triceratops is my favourite...


Of course, I've claimed the sofa as my own.


And am considering claiming this big bed as mine too...


I managed to figure out how to get on the sofa by myself, but just couldn't manage the bed. Also, the humans said my way of getting on the sofa isn't good for it, and my way of getting down isn't good for me. So they got me these special steps to use when I want to get on and off the sofa and bed:


It took me a couple of tries to get the hang of them, but now I'm up and down them like a pro.

In case you don't know from those furry things in cages who live here, the service is pretty good here, and the food is tasty...


And there are great treats too, like these little rawhide shoes, which are the perfect size for me...


The humans also have this fun game they like to play with me, where they give me treats if I do simple things for them like "sit" give a "high five" and "beg" when they ask me to. Here's a video of what I'm talking about:







It's a fun game, made even more fun by all the praise I get for playing it.

Stealing these roll things and making the humans chase me to get them back is fun too...


Actually, stealing anything that makes them chase me to get it back is great fun. I don't like it so much when they don't chase me to try and get it back though. Well, except with those roll things, because if they don't get it back from me I get to shred it and make a big mess, which is as much fun as stealing it in the first place.

Yes... I think I'm gonna like it here!

Well... Except when they put me in jail...


Before I end this, here's a photo of the Mummy human holding me, which was taken the day after I turned 11 weeks old:


Lots of licks,
Lilie

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

Cutest puppy EVER! I love every word, every photo in this adorable post!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Jeanie!

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Rita said...

Love the pics but really love the videos!! She is soooo cute! Chewing toilet paper isn't good, though--LOL! Love that picture of you and Lilie. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks... Glad you enjoyed the pictures and videos. I can assure you there are more of both to come in the future.

Intense Guy said...

Such a sweetie pie!!!!!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy!

Lots of licks,
Lilie