Friday, June 02, 2017

#Furkid Friday: Lilie The #Westie

Hi everyone.

My name is Lilie. In case you're not sure, it's pronounced like "Lily" but spelled L-I-L-I-E instead (it's still the same name, it's just that the humans apparently like less common spellings for things). Anyway, I'm a West Highland White Terrier, and I was born on March 26th 2017, which means I'll be 10 weeks old in two days time. This is me with my new humans, right after they picked me up from my Furmama's house:


And here I am during my car ride home:


I didn't think much of the car ride. It was too long for my liking, and I didn't want to be in the basket thing I rode home in. They said it was so I could be safe if I didn't want to stay still on the car ride, but I just didn't like it.

I decided quickly that I did like my new human Mummy though, so gave her kisses to tell her so:


The beds are comfy in this place too...


I settled in quickly, though the blankie my Furmama sent with me was comforting. Here I am on that blankie:


There are some furry things living in cages in this place. I'm not too sure what they are, but since they're all the way up high where I can't reach them, and they don't seem to be doing anything exciting, I've decided I'll figure them out later. All I know for now is that the humans call the pair of one type in one cage Mollie and Maizie, and the one in another cage by itself Joshua. There are too many other things to explore for me to be interested in learning more about them right now. I am curious about what lives in this cage though...


It seems to be empty most of the time, which is confusing me. I've tried asking the humans about it, but they just keep saying something about it being a chinchilla playpen - whatever that's supposed to mean. I'd like to get in there and play with the toys in there, but apparently the only ones allowed in there are the furry creatures living in the cage near to it. The ones called Mollie and Maizie. I don't think that's fair, but the humans are ignoring my pleas to be allowed in there when those furry things aren't using it. Apparently the furry things wouldn't want to share with me. Whatever!

Anyway, you'll get to hear more from me soon, but I'll let this do for my first post. Bye for now.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

16 comments:

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

Awe Tori she is so cute , can't wait for the next lot of photo's and her continuing , xxxxxxxxxxx

Victoria Zigler said...

Grandma:
Thanks... I know I'm cute!

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Jeanie said...

Cutest puppy EVER! She is just adorable!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Jeanie!

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Donna said...

Oh my goodness!! Lilie is so adorable!!! What a fun home you have, I wish I lived closer and could visit!! How will you ever get any reading done with Lilie around?! I'd be hugging and kissing her lots. Although I remember when my Teddy was a puppy I took advantage of every moment he slept. Lol :)

AliceKay said...

What a cutie. You look right at home, Lilie.

(She looks very loved, Tori)

Karen said...

Lilie, you are so precious! Thanks for posting pictures. I think your new humans are keepers! ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Donna:
I'm not getting as much reading as normal done, but I'm taking advantage of her naps and the fact I have to use text to speach anyway to get at least a little reading time in each day. ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

AK:
I think the word you're looking for is spoiled. But all my furbabies always are, of course! ;)

Victoria Zigler said...

Donna:
Thanks for the compliments!

AK:
Thanks! Yes, I settled in here quickly. Seems like a nice place... Plenty of toys and treats available, and comfy places to sleep.

Karen:
Thanks for the compliments! Yes, I think I'll keep them... They seem pretty reasonably trained for humans.

Lots of licks,
Lilie

Rita said...

OMGosh! What a Cutie Pie!! I am super glad you got your new camera now so we can see lots of pictures of Lilie. You will be very busy with the training and walkies. How exciting!! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Lilie says thank you for the compliments.

Don't worry, there are plenty more photos to come, and even a few video clips. ;)

She keeps me busy, that's for sure. But she also needs naps after playing for a while, which allows me to get things done and know where she is at the same time. Haha! She's really smart though. She's 10 weeks old today, and we did a video last night of her doing a couple of tricks on command, which I just put on Youtube so it can go in her next post (though anyone who wants to is free to pop over to YouTube and take a sneak peek at her video clips; there are three clips of her now).

We haven't started walkies yet, because she hasn't had the last of her puppy shots. She gets the last shots this coming Wednesday (June 7th) and is cleared for walkies the following week. Of course, we'll be taking the camera with us to capture her first walkies on camera. Although, with how much I need to post regarding her, it might be August before the post goes up about that at this rate! ;)

Deanna said...

Lilie is adorable! I'll bet you are so happy to have her. Looking forward to more pictures.

Victoria Zigler said...

Deanna:
Thanks... Lilie thanks you for the compliments too!

Yes, we're glad to have her... Even when she's getting in to mischief. ;)

Intense Guy said...

You are so cute!!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Iggy!

Lots of licks,
Lilie