Sunday, June 25, 2017

#Poetry #Book: "My Old Clock I Wind and Other Poems" by @drewdog2060_

My Old Clock I Wind and Other Poems
by K. Morris

"We laugh
As we pass
Along life’s path.
There are tears to
Its true,
For me and you
My friend,
For every year
Must have it’s end".

A collection of 74 new and original poems. It contains both melancholy and more cheerful pieces contrasting the fact that We can enjoy life but at the same time cannot escape the inevitable end.

To get your hands on a copy of "My Old Clock I Wind and Other Poems" go to the book's page on the publisher's website. You can also go to the book's Goodreads page so you can add it to your shelf.

Want to connect with the author? Check out Kevin's blog or follow him on Twitter.

***

My review:
This is another excellent collection of poems by this author.  Some are amusing, like the poem “Howling At The Moon” (one of my favourites of this collection) while others are extremely thought-provoking, like “Evening Walk” (another favourite of mine from this collection).  In other words, this collection is a pleasant read, filled with poems which will have you either chuckling in amusement, or lost in musings on topics most can relate to even if they haven’t spent much time considering them before.

*NOTE: I was given a free advanced copy of this book by the author in exchange for an honest review.  This fact has in no way influenced either my opinion of this book, nor the contents of my review.

2 comments:

K Morris said...

Many thanks for reviewing "My Old Clock I Wind and Other Poems". Kevin

Victoria Zigler said...

Kevin:
You're very welcome. Thank you for the review copy.