Monday, June 19, 2017

#Hastings Thrive Carnival - June 16th 2017

This past Friday (June 16th 2017) we noticed a bit of a parade go marching past our windows, which seemed to be mostly made up of a band and a whole lot of children. From searching in the usual places, I'm pretty sure it was to do with the Thrive Carnival happening on the peer. That was the only thing I could find via Twitter and browsing the web that fitted, so - as I said - I assume that was what it was for.

Anyway, we grabbed the camera, but between not being prepared for it, and the battery of the camera being about to die, we only managed to grab a couple of shots. So, here they are:



*Note: we keep forgetting to change the time on the camera, so if there's a time stamp on the photos - which I can't remember if our camera does or not - then they were actually taken an hour later than it says.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Unexpected parade! But you caught a couple pics. Looks like nice weather for them. :) What did Lilie think?

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yes, it was nice weather for it. That was before the temperatures increased, so it was a beautiful day: sunny but not too warm.

Lilie took no notice of the music from the band. I guess she's so used to hearing people drive by with music blaring that she didn't see it as anything worth her attention. She's too small to get up to where she could see out of one of the windows, so didn't get a chance to see. I'd have picked her up to show her if I'd thought about it in time, but it was too late by the time I gave it a thought. There will likely be a few parades over the next couple of months - there are a lot of events around here over the Summer, and most of them involve parades, fireworks, or both - so maybe I'll think of it in time next time, or we'll know in time to get downstairs and watch from the street?

Jeanie said...

That looks fun! Sweet Lilie -- so much you miss when you are so very tiny!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Trust me, she finds ways to enjoy herself to make up for it. ;)