Monday, June 26, 2017

June 2017 #TV Talk And #Movie Mutterings

It's time to take a look at what I watched in June.

As with the previous posts like this one, just click on the titles to go to a page where you can find out more details about the movie or TV show in question; the title links will usually take you to a page on IMDB.

Don't forget: I watch things across multiple genres, as well as for different age ranges, so you should always check before viewing to make certain something is suitable for the intended audience, especially when children are involved. IMDB will usually provide this information for you, but you'll have to look elsewhere if you can't find it on the page I link to.

OK... On to the reviews!

Pete's Dragon (2016 movie):
I've previously seen the 1977 version, and thought it was pretty good. This is one of those times when the remake is actually better though. In my opinion, anyhow. Well, other than that rather strange thing about how the dragon is apparently furry... That strikes me as rather odd. It's not my favourite of the movies I've seen recently, but it was one I really enjoyed and would watch again. Anyway, I give this movie four out of five stars.

Zootropolis (2016 movie):
This movie is called "Zootopia" in some countries, so you may know it by that name. Anyway, it was an interesting and enjoyable movie: cute in some places, funny in others, and with a great message about not being too quick to judge before you get to know someone. Worth watching for sure, in my opinion. I give this movie five out of five stars.

Dr. Dee: Alaska Vet (2015 TV series):
If you enjoy watching vet shows on TV, you'll love this one. It's obvious Dr. Dee really loves the animals she cares for. This show also gets the approval of Joshua, Mollie, Maizie, and Lilie, all of whom seemed content to quietly watch several episodes of it with me recently. The furkids and I give this show five out of five stars.

My attempts at catching up with NCIS episodes have continued too. I have up to season 10 on DVD (they're on season 14 on TV right now, I believe). I'd have watched them all by now, but with one thing and another, I'm actually only about half way through the ones I've got. I'm hoping to watch more soon. When I get caught up with those, I have nine seasons of The Big Bang Theory to watch on DVD too. So, plenty to keep me busy over the next several months.

4 comments:

Rita said...

Haven't seen any of these. Not even NCSI. Well, Big Bang I have, though. :) I wonder how many more years Big Bang will keep going?

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Not sure. I hope they don't plan on ending it any time soon though. I know there are already 10 seasons (I have up to season 9 on DVD) and haven't heard anything yet about plans to stop doing more. It's pretty popular still, so I'm hoping that means they'll keep it going for a few more seasons at least.

Jeanie said...

It's hard for me to watch much in the summer. So nice to be outside again and up north, bad reception!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yes, that would make it tricky. Still, I'm sure you aren't complaining. Besides, you can catch up on watching things in the Winter, when being outside isn't as pleasant. :)