Thursday, November 26, 2015

Looking ahead to December holidays - part 2

What are you thankful for today?

If you're in America, chances are you're celebrating Thanksgiving today, and don't want to think beyond that. If that's the case, have a very happy Thanksgiving, and feel free to come back and read this tomorrow. If it isn't, then please read on. Mind you, since you're here, you might want to just read on anyway.

Anyway, if you're not already thinking about your prefered December holiday - be it Christmas, the Solstice, or whatever - you're going to need to start doing so soon.

Last week, as you may remember, I told you about Jeanie's first post on this supject, which was about cards and gifts. Now she's done her second, which is all about decorating for the holidays, and which can be found by clicking here.

8 comments:

Rita said...

Yes! Once we have Thanksgiving over here you know Christmas is coming really quickly. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yes... Just four more weeks!

Jeanie said...

I can't believe how quickly the holidays follow here! Thanks for the mention Tori and I hope your preparations are happy ones!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
You're welcome about the mention... I love your "looking ahead" posts, hence sharing them (I've been sharing the links to them on Facebook too).

It's going to be a quiet holiday for us, so there aren't many preparations happening here. What we're doing is going smoothly so far though. Hope your plans are coming together nicely?

Deanna said...

We had a lovely Thanksgiving and now it's time to get ready for Christmas. This week I plan to get my annual Christmas newsletter written and start ordering some gifts. We will probably put up the tree in a week or so.

Victoria Zigler said...

Deanna:
We're doing our Christmas shopping this week too. Some was done yesterday, some will be done today, and the rest will be done on Thursday.

I haven't decided when I'm putting my decorations up yet. I always used to do it on December 1st, but have waited until later in the last couple of years. I don't put many decorations up though, so it won't take more than a few hours... Even allowing for me to rest regularly between tasks.

Intense Guy said...

Actually, Christmas "baloney" starts in the USA just before Halloween or even earlier.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
It does here too. This year it started in September, and Halloween was all but ignored. But I try to ignore the Christmas stuff until the day after my birthday, and I know several people who try to ignore it until the day after Thanksgiving.