Monday, November 30, 2015

Of trams, metal sea creatures, and birthdays (FD)

Trams still run in some places, you know. At least, they do for tourists.

Kelly took this photo of the one that runs in hastings:


Fancy a ride?

***

At the end of July, when we had a visit from my brother, Carl, and my Mam, we spotted a metal sea serpant of some kind, as well as a great 3-D chess game. I found out later - thanks to Iggy, if I'm honest - that not far away should have been a couple more metal sea creatures. So, while waiting for everyone to look in shops at the end of September - after our trip to the aquarium - Kelly and I went looking for them (since we weren't interested in the shops).

We found two...

A metal Octopus:


And a metal seahorse:


***

Kelly's sister, Sherry, celebrated her birthday on November 22nd. I'm late with this one, and I actually doubt she'll see this, but I'll say it anyway... A belated happy birthday to you, Sherry!

Plus, it will be my Grandad's birthday on December 4th. Now I know there's no way he's going to see this post, but I'll still say it anyway... Early happy birthday to you, Grandad!

If you had your birthday recently, or will be having it soon, then a very happy birthday to you as well!

Oh, yeah... I had my birthday too. Which reminds me... A huge thank you to anyone who sent me cards, gifts, or birthday messages via Facebook or text message. I really appreciate every single one of them!

I spent my birthday being a kid. It wasn't planned that way. The original plan had been for us to go back to the aquarium to visit the reptile room (though it would have just been Kelly and myself this time) and then have food out. But I've been feeling quite run down lately, and wasn't feeling up to an outing. So I ended up spending the day watching Disney movies and a few cartoons, while eating chocolate Ready Brek, pizza, and cake. Ready Brek, for those who don't know, is a kind of oatmeal with extra vitamins, which is actually designed for children, but I love the stuff. Besides, it's a good thing for me to have with my anemia issues, and the fact the main extra vitamin it has in it is iron (bearing in mind, oatmeal is great for that in the first place). Yep, that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it, LOL!

My birthday cake wasn't anything fancy... It was just a lemon cake our local bakery makes, which I'm quite fond of. But I enjoyed it, and that's what matters. Anyway, here are a couple of photos of it:


I didn't get many actual physical birthday cards, but here are some photos of the ones I did get:


The cards were from my Dad and his girlfriend Cath, my Nan, my Grandma and her little dog Jayde, and Rita and Karma.

Mostly I got money (most of which I've already spent on books). But I also got some nice sock yarn from Iggy. Plus, Kelly brought me the Pathfinder ponies rulebook and a pair of Cthulhu slippers. The slippers haven't arrived yet, but that's not Kelly's fault... Postage delays are behind it. They're on their way though.

7 comments:

Deanna said...

That cake looks delicious! And yes, I'd love to take a ride on that tram. :)

Jeanie said...

Oh, lemon cake! I would devour it -- lemon is my favorite! And the tram looks fun, too.

Belated birthday wishes! It sounds like my kind of day!

Victoria Zigler said...

Deanna:
It tasted as good as it looks, believe me!

Jeanie:
Thanks! I love lemon cake too, and this one is the best I've ever tasted.

Rita said...

The sculptures look really cool!
Glad you had a good birthday and your cake looked delicious! :) :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Rita! :)

Intense Guy said...

I'd love a ride on the tram!

I'm really happy you found some more of those unusual sculptures too!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
We looked for them, since you'd mentioned them, and we had some time to kill while the others were looking in the stores. So, thanks for telling me they existed.