Monday, January 04, 2016

The 2015 50 things reading challenge

One of the groups I'm a member of over on Goodreads had a challenge where you had to read books for 50 things.

I put a *~pass~* on a couple of them, because I couldn't complete them for obvious reasons - or, the reasons should be obvious when you see which ones I did it on. Other than that, if I haven't listed a book for that one, it means I ran out of time to find a book for it. Mind you, there are two I'd have really struggled to find books for anyway, since I don't count re-reads, and I always finnish books I start. Well, there was one I didn't once... Because I had to give it back to the person I'd borrowed it from before I was done with it... But it bothered me so much I ended up buying a copy and reading it a few years ago, and since then I've always made sure to finnish books I start.

Anyway, here are the ones I read:

1) A book with more than 500 pages
American Gods (American Gods, #1) by Neil Gaiman

2) A classic Romance
The Professor by Charlotte Brontë

3) A book that became a movie
The Sea Of Monsters (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #2) by Rick Riordan

4) A book published this year
The Revelation of Louisa May by Michaela MacColl

5) A book with a number in the title
One Thousand Lollipops by Emma Laybourn

6) A book written by someone under 30
The Silver Shawl (Mrs. Meade Mysteries #1) by Elisabeth Grace Foley

7) A book with non-human characters
The Haunted Circus (Astro's Adventures, #9) by Susan Day

8) A funny book
The Butterfly That Lost A Spot by Rosemary J. Peel

9) A book by a female author
Fledgling (Afterlife, #1) by Katrina Cope

10) A mystery or a thriller
The Secret Room of Kaatu Temple by Susan Srikant

11) A book with a one-word title
Anne by Carmen Stevens

12) A book of short stories
Clarence. The Snake from Dunolly by Susan Day

13) A book set in a different country
The Shiny House by Trevor Mountney

14) A non-fiction book
Emotion Amplifiers by Angela Ackerman

15) A popular authors first book
The Carpet People by Terry Pratchett

16) A book from an author that you love but have not read yet
Warlords of Llantatis by Dominic Green

17) A book a friend recommended
The Young Elites (The Young Elites, #1) by Marie Lu

18) A Pulitzer prize-winning book

19) A book based on a true story

20) A book at the bottom of your to-read list
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

21) A book your mum loves
Firebird (Potters Series, #1) by Iris Gower

22) A book that scares you
The Z Chronicles by Samuel Peralta, Hugh Howey, Jennifer Foehner Wells, David Adams, Christopher Boore, Angela Cavanaugh, Peter Cawdron, Ann Christy, Stacy Ericson, Deirdre Gould, Kris Holt, Theresa Kay, Lesley Smith, Will Swardstrom, & Geoffrey Wakeling

23) A book more than a 100 years old
Lady Susan by Jane Austen

24) A book you read based entirely on its cover
*~pass~*

25) A book you were supposed to read in school but didn’t
A Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickens

26) A memoir

27) A book you can finish in one day
Claudia and Mean Janine (The Baby-Sitters Club, #7) by Ann M. Martin

28) A book with antonyms in the title
White Witch, Black Curse (The Hollows, #7) by Kim Harrison

29) A book set somewhere you always wanted to visit

30) A book that came out the year you were born
So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish (Hitchhiker's Guide, #4) by Douglas Adams

31) A book with bad reviews

32) A trilogy
Emily Of New Moon (Emily Of New Moon, #1) by L. M. Montgomery
Emily Climbs (Emily Of New Moon, #2) by L. M. Montgomery
Emily's Quest (Emily Of New Moon, #3) by L. M. Montgomery

33) A book from your childhood

34) A book with a love triangle
Villette by Charlotte Brontë

35) A book set in the future
Star Minds Next Generation by Barbara G. Tarn

36) A book set in high school
Southern Fried Wiccan by S.P. Sipal

37) A book with a colour in the title
The White Princess (The Cousins' War, #5) by Philippa Gregory

38) A book that made you cry
Kristy and the Snobs (The Baby-Sitters Club, #11) by Ann M. Martin

39) A book with magic
The Outlaw Demon Wails (The Hollows, #6) by Kim Harrison

40) A graphic novel
*~pass~*

41) A book by an author you have never read before
Revan (Star Wars The Old Republic, #1) by Drew Karpyshyn

42) A book you own but never read
The Titan's Curse (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #3) by Rick Riordan

43) A book that takes place in your hometown
Dream Catcher (Potters Series, #2) by Iris Gower

44) A book that was originally written in another language
Chronicles of the Nocturnal Forest (Stories of the Fairy of my Dreams, #1) by Vanessa Kings

45) A book set during Christmas
The Christmas Mouse by Susan Day

46) A book written by an author with your same initials

47) A play
The House of Atreus by Aeschylus

48) A banned book
Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

49) A book based on or turned into a T.V show
Charlie And Lola: I Will Be Especially Very Careful by Lauren Child

50) A book you started but never finished

5 comments:

Rita said...

You sure read a lot of the challenges. Wow! :)

Intense Guy said...

That's a lot of books!

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Yeah, I got through quite a few of them, which I'm pleased about.

Iggy:
Yes, it is. Though all those books are only a small portion of what I actually read last year.

Jeanie said...

Holy cow. I don't see how you do it. I really don't -- this list is amazing.

I fear for what 2016 will bring!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
I just love to read, and find I sleep better if I read for a while first. Plus, the fact I rely on my Kindle reading to me or listening to an audiobook means I can do some things while reading. Sometimes I'll take my Kindle around with me while doing housework, for example, and I always have a book or movie on while I work on craft projects. It all adds up.