Wednesday, January 06, 2016

#Writing Wednesday: A quick look ahead at 2016

I wanted to give you a glimpse in to my plans for the coming year when it comes to my writing. The trouble is, I don't plan too far ahead when it comes to my writing projects - or anything else, to be honest - so all I can tell you for certain about the coming year is that, at some point during 2016, I plan to do the following:

*Finnish and publish both "Zeena And The Mermaid" and "Zeena And The Phoenix" (books three and four in the "Zeena Dragon Fae" series respectively).
*Get the last few books already published as eBooks out in paperback, and arrange for new books to be made available as paperbacks as soon as possible after the eBook releases.
*Publish a new poetry collection.
*At least start writing some of the stories I have ideas for, and publish them as they're ready.

That's as much as I can give you, since exactly what gets published, and when, will depend on what gets written, and when it's ready. So I can't really say what will be written and published in 2016 at the moment... Apart from the rest of the "Zeena Dragon Fae" series, and the poetry book I mentioned, but I can't even give you guaranteed exact planned publication dates for those at this moment in time.

Right now, the third Zeena book is in the re-writing and editing stages, I've got almost enough poems to consider it enough for a collection, the fourth Zeena book is just scribbled ideas I plan to start working on in the next couple of weeks, a story about a rabbit I hope to have done in time for Easter has had its first draft written, and the proofs for two of the books from the backlist of books already published as eBooks that need to be made in to paperbacks are on the way to me.

Beyond that... I have a long list of ideas - some more detailed than others - and just need to get the stories written down.

Please bear in mind though, that it sounds much simpler put like that than it really is... I love to write, but there is actually a lot of work involved in turning an idea in to a story people will "hopefully" enjoy reading. Mostly it doesn't feel like work to me. Sometimes, however, it can feel like more work than it is. Especially if things like SAD set in; which is actually more common than you might think. So, if you're one of those people struggling to feel motivated this Winter, check out these 7 ways to beat the Winter writing blues.

Plus, there's the cover design and creation to arrange with whichever of my cover artists is working on it. Not to mention the rather fiddly - and often frustrating - job of sorting the covers for the paperback versions of my books. All this stuff takes time, and sometimes it can take more time than we originally thought it would, which is why I won't give publication dates out until the last minute, and why I can't tell you exactly what will be achieved this year.

I hope this post gives you some idea of what I hope to achieve with my writing in 2016 though.

5 comments:

Deanna said...

Wow! You have some ambitious writing goals. Best of luck. :)

Jeanie said...

That's so ambitious but I don't doubt for a second that you will pull it off! You're very prolific and dedicated and that's important!

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks both! :)

Intense Guy said...

SADS is a really horrible thing.

Fortunately the sun is shining here at the moment!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
It is indeed... But sunny days help!