Wednesday, January 13, 2016

#Writing Wednesday - January 13th 2016

We're almost two weeks in to the new year, so it's time to return to normal routines. In fact, you probably should have done so a couple of days ago, if not before. It's also time for me to return to doing the normal Wednesday posts.

With that in mind, here are 10 habits of highly effective writers, and a few words of advice from an author who's been publishing for more than three years now, which will help you to get started on your writing journey, and - I hope - motivate you as you start working towards your writing goals for the year.

OK, so... Perhaps , like me, you tend to write shorter stories in general? Or, perhaps, you just want to try your hand at writing short stories? Either way, here are some tips for writing short stories to help you out.

Speaking of trying something new in your writing... Are you thinking of trying to write in multiple genres? If so, here's what you need to know before you do.

But, whatever you write, and however long it is, here's how to ask the right questions to keep people reading.

Hey, have you ever thought of using the zodiac signs to inspire character development? It's a great idea, if you ask me.

Oh, and... If you're wondering... This is how to get your book on a bookstore shelf when you're self published.

Finally, always remember... the "Aha" and "Hmmm" moments are both equally important. So, if you're currently dealing with a "Hmmm" moment, don't let it get you down; you can work through it to the next "Aha" moment, because that's what writers do!

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

Fun links today, Tori! I need to pass these on to my writer pal!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Glad you enjoyed the links, and I hope your pal does too! :)

Intense Guy said...

I'm a bit behind in my blog reading - but I looked at several of the linked in resources and they looked really useful to me! Like the "no shopping" of your ideas one!

Smiles.

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Glad you're finding time to get caught up on your blog reading.

I always try to only share the links I think are fun or useful..