Friday, April 15, 2016

Furkid Friday: one day, a storm will mean the end of the world

Hi humans, rodents, and anyone else reading this. This is Jasper the degu.

As anyone who knows me well will be able to tell you, I hate storms. I mean, i really, really, REALLY hate storms! I can always tell when one is coming, and get so upset even before it actually arrives that the human caretakers say I'm just like having their own personal storm warning system.

Some of the storms we've had in recent months though have been so bad that my other rodent siblings have been upset by them too. Even my ratty sisters - who enjoy sitting somewhere high up in their cage where they can see out of the window and watch the ocean, even when it's a bit rough - have been seriously upset by these storms, and by the size of the enormous waves the storms cause.

In fact, even the sea birds we always hear have been looking for shelter, or perhaps going elsewhere, during many of these storms. That in itself is worrying, since the smaller storms usually get them excited, and we hear them out there, doing whatever it is that sea birds do... Looking for nibbles, probably; the human caretakers say some kinds of storms make this easier for them. I don't understand why.

But, anyway...

Every time a bad storm comes, we're sure it will be the end of the world, or at least the end of us; sure it will tear the building apart, rip us from our cosy cages, and cast us out in to the unforgiving world. This hasn't happened yet. But every time a bad storm comes, we're sure that it will - this time. And every time it doesn't, we feel as though we escaped that thing you humans call the apocalypse.

I, especially, am positive that, one day, a storm will mean the end of the world.

I'm just crossing my paws that it isn't going to be any time soon...

Squeak soon,
Jasper

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

I'll cross my fingers too!

With Mother Nature - you just never can know..

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Exactly... You just never know!

Squeak soon,
Jasper

Rita said...

So sorry storms scare you so much. I love them! I'm still waiting for the thunderstorms they predicted which haven't arrived. :(

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
You're as bad as the Mummy human! She loves them too... For some reason that makes no sensne to me.

Also, the Mummy human says you got our snow, and we got your thunder storms.

Squeak soon,
Jasper