Friday, September 09, 2016

#Furkid Friday: The #Gerbil And The Blackberry (FD)

Hellooo everyone! This is Baggins the gerbil.

As you'll know if you're a regular here, the human caretakers sometimes give us treats of their food items, especially me and my ratty sisters, who are allowed to eat most things. My ratty sisters and I especially love when they have cheese or fruit. Well, Cheerios are my absolute favourite nibble, but cheese and fruit are next. Our favourite fruits are berries... Preferably strawberries or blackberries, though we do also like blueberries and raspberries.

Here's the thing though: have you seen the size of a gerbil compared to a good sized berry?

Do you see where I'm going with this?

The human caretakers gave me a whole blackberry a couple of weeks ago. They said it was just a little one, but it was at least the size of my head, if not bigger! Honestly... I'm not exaggerating!

It took me all day to eat that berry, and I had to take a couple of naps in between. Not that I'm complaining... It was so good!

It's probably just as well things like that are just given to us as treats from time to time though...

Squeak soon,
Baggins

4 comments:

Intense Guy said...

Laffs!

Never thought about how BIG a cheerio would seem to you!

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Most people wouldn't. But I bet you're thinking about it now, aren't you?

Squeak soon,
Baggins

Rita said...

An all day treat--wow! Now that is special. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
It sure is... It's tasty too!

Squeak soon,
Baggins