Friday, September 23, 2016

#Furkid Friday: Jacob The #Degu Checks In

Hi humans, rodent types, and anyone else reading this.

This is Jacob the degu.

The human caretakers took this photo of me soon after my fur started to grow back, and my sore patches started to heal up, so I thought I'd post it. Here you go:


My fur still hasn't grown back properly, and I still have some sore patches, but I'm doing better than I was a couple of months ago, which is what matters.

Plus, not having quite as much fur was kind of a good thing with all the hot weather we had this Summer. Not that I'm pleased I lost some fur where I was sick and stressed. I'm just looking on the bright side.

Squeak soon,
Jacob

4 comments:

IntenseGuy said...

Yes, there is a silver lining not having all that fur when it is warm!

Perhaps you can learn to cut your hair and/or shave so you are ready for the next heat wave?

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Maybe, though I'm not sure how well it would work with teeth and claws, and the human caretakers probably won't let us play with scissors and knives (which isn't fair, since I see them doing so all the time, and I bet I'd cut myself less often than the Mummy human does).

Squeak soon,
Jacob

Rita said...

Yes, may as well look at the bright side. Glad you are doing better. Enjoy the cooler weather. :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Rita:
Thanks... We are enjoying the cooler weather. Our chinchilla sisters especially are glad for the lower temperatures. Of course, us degus (along with our gerbil brother, Baggins) don't want it to get much cooler than it now is. The girls say they'd be happy for it to do so though.

Squeak soon,
Jacob