Friday, September 02, 2016

#Furkid Friday: #Ratty #Birthday To Us (FD)

Um... Hello everyone! This is Skye the rat.

Guess what?

My ratty sister, Star, and I had one of those birthday things again. We still aren't entirely sure what they're for, but they mean we get extra treats, so we like them. This year, for example, Star and I got some special cookies that are "just for rats" according to the human caretakers. I have no idea what was in them, but Star and I absolutely loved them, so I don't suppose it matters. We rats aren't like the rest of the rodent gang; the human caretakers don't have to be quite as careful with our food as they do with the food they allow our degu brothers to eat, for example. There are all sorts of things our degu brothers and chinchilla sisters aren't allowed to eat, but there's very little that we and our gerbil brother, Baggins, aren't allowed. Aren't we lucky?

Plus, the Mummy human made us a new hammock, since our old one needed to be replaced. No, we didn't chew it. The corners were getting a bit ragged after all the times our weight on the hammock had tugged on them. Anyway, here I am checking it out:


We had some cheese too, but that may not have been anything to do with our birthday, since we get that on and off a lot of the time. The human caretakers often share their nibbles with us, especially if they're eating something they know we love, like cheese, fruit, and cereal.

Either way, I can't wait until we get another of these birthday things!

Squeak soon,
Skye

4 comments:

Rita said...

Nice that you had a birthday thingie and got a new hammock. Great picture of you! :)

Victoria Zigler said...

Thanks, Rita!

Squeak soon,
Skye

IntenseGuy said...

Now that looks nice and comfy! Have you mastered the art of getting in and out of a hammock yet?

Victoria Zigler said...

Iggy:
Well, I don't fall as I'm doing so as a rule, so I guess so.

Squeak soon,
Skye