Monday, February 20, 2017

February 2017 Check-In: #AmReading, #AmWriting, #MondayBlogs

I thought I'd do one of those check-in posts some people are doing. So...

I'm Reading -- Less than is normal for me. I'm a little behind on my reading goal for the year, though not so much that I think I'll have trouble making up the books before the year is over. I'm only a couple of books behind schedule. It's possible not increasing my reading goal much this year was a smart move on my part though. It's certainly looking that way at the moment, anyway. There's plenty of time for that to change between now and the end of the year though, so we'll see what happens. In the meantime, if you want to see what I read during January, check out my January book reviews post. My February one will be posted in early March.

I'm Feeling -- A little sad. My Auntie Sylvie died in January (Great Aunt, really... She was my Mother's aunt) and her little Yorkshire Terrier x West Highland White Terrier, Teddy, was laid to rest with her. Plus, my friend Rita lost her kitty, Karma, last month too. I wasn't exactly close with Auntie Sylvie, and hadn't seen her in a good few years, and I'd never met Teddy or Karma. But I'm still sad that they're gone. Not to mention, I miss our ratty girl, Skye, who we lost at the very end of January, and her sister, Star, who we lost a couple of days later. It's been a rough few months for losses of famous people again too, from what I've seen on social media. *sigh*

I'm Creating -- Nothing, I guess. Well, I'm writing, so I suppose that counts for creating something. But I haven't been doing any crafty type projects in a while. Actually, even the writing is going more slowly than is normal for me at the moment. There's just been so much going on. But I've not done any crafty projects in absolutely ages, so if writing doesn't count, I guess I've not been creating anything.

I'm Anticipating -- My trip to Drusillas Park in March. I'm getting a keeper for the day experience on March 22nd 2017, which was arranged for me by a very good friend. I'm very excited about it! Not only is it an awesome gift for someone who loves animals as much as I do, but having it to look forward to has really helped with all the recent losses; it's good to have something so awesome to be eagerly anticipating!

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

The visit to the park sounds like it will be wonderful. Loads of fun! And needed. Even when we don't know someone terribly well or are close, I think it becomes a loss in our heart that we carry a bit and of course more to come the older we grow, the more people we care about. Sending heart hugs.

I'm behind on my reading too. Being sick last week should have given me loads of time (it did) but not the will or eyeballs!

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
Yes, the trip to the park sounds like it's going to be great! I'm sure I'll be exhausted afterwards, but it will be so worth it!

I agree: you don't have to know someone well to carry their loss in your heart.

Sorry you were sick. I'm especially sorry you were so sick you couldn't even take advantage of it to get some extra reading time in. *Hugs*

Serena Lewis said...

I am behind in my Reading Goal too although I'm close to finishing two books that I have on the go so I can redeem myself a little.

Such sadness with all the loss around at the start of this year. My heart breaks for Rita. I'm so sorry for the loss of your Aunt. We lost a lot of celebrities in 2016 and I hope it's not an indication for the rest of 2017.

Have a great week!

Victoria Zigler said...

Serena:
Hope you get caught up with your reading goal soon.

I'm with you on hoping the losses so far this year aren't an indication that 2017 is going to follow 2016's trend.

Danielle L Zecher said...

I'm so sorry for all of your recent losses. It seems to make them so much harder when they're piled on top of each other.

You still have plenty of time to reach your reading goal. I wouldn't worry too much about that right now.

I hope your trip to the park is a lot of fun.

PS, so sorry if you get a double comment from me. My internet connection is being weird. Feel free to delete the extra one!

Victoria Zigler said...

Danielle:
Thanks!

I'm not worrying too much about the reading goal thing at the moment. It's unusual for me, but we're only in February, so it's no big deal.