Sunday, February 05, 2017

Tori's January 2017 #Book #Reviews (LBE)

It's time to take a look at what I read in January.

As with the previous posts like this one, if you want to know more about the book, or the author, click on whichever it is you want to learn more about, and it will take you to the appropriate page on Goodreads. Clicking on my rating should take you to my actual Goodreads review for the book in question.

Don't forget: the format I've reviewed may not be the format I read. Also, please remember that I read across multiple genres and age ranges, so you should always check if a book is suitable for the intended reader, especially when children are involved. Sometimes reading the book's description on its Goodreads page will be enough for this, but other times you may need to check elsewhere to figure out the genre and/or recommended reading level.

OK... On to the reviews!

A Quick Bite (Argeneau #1)A Quick Bite by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a well-written book, which makes for an enjoyable read. At least, assuming you like vampire themed romances.

Psycho-analysisPsycho-analysis by Rosemary J. Peel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is a well-written collection of creepy stories. The only reason I don't give it the full five stars is because a couple of them feel like they should be expanded on; a couple of the tales feel more like the start of something longer, rather than a full story in their own right. Other than that, however, I think this is an excellent collection of stories, which will appeal to lovers of weird and creepy tales.

Johnny Morris, Bedtime Stories With, (Vintage Beeb)Johnny Morris, Bedtime Stories With, by Johnny Morris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
The stories are cute and entertaining, and the way Johnny tells them and does the voices is fantastic!

Tales of the Faie: The Beginning of DaysTales of the Faie: The Beginning of Days by Diana L. Wicker
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is a beautifully written collection of tales, which flow together perfectly.

Johnny Morris Reads More Bedtime Stories (Vintage Beeb)Johnny Morris Reads More Bedtime Stories by Johnny Morris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Once again, this is a cute and entertaining collection of stories, and the way Johnny reads them and does the voices is fantastic!

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original ScreenplayFantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them: The Original Screenplay by J.K. Rowling
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
OK... I love this book! Also, I want to find some way of getting my hands on Newt's case and it's contents (if you know me, and have read this book, or seen the movie, you'll understand why). Anyway, the book was awesome, and now I'm even more eager to see the movie than I was before.

Love Bites (Argeneau #2)Love Bites by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This book is an enjoyable read, which is often entertaining, and has a great cast of characters. If you like vampires in your romance novels, you'll want to read this one.

Womble Stories (Vintage Beeb)Womble Stories by Elisabeth Beresford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
A great collection of stories, which bring back fond memories of watching the Wombles on TV.

The WomblesThe Wombles by Elisabeth Beresford
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
I only realized afterwards that I'd read this one and the other collection of womble stories I had the wrong way around. It doesn't matter though, since it didn't spoil my enjoyment of the stories; I still loved them, and they still evoked fond memories of watching The Wombles on TV as a child.

Around the World in Eighty Days (Extraordinary Voyages, #11)Around the World in Eighty Days by Jules Verne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars
This wasn't a bad read, but it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be; I didn't feel the sense of urgency I'd have thought would be present in the plot.

Single White Vampire (Argeneau #3)Single White Vampire by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
This is another great addition to the series, though I often found myself wanting to bang the main characters' heads together because of their stubbourness.

Tall, Dark & Hungry (Argeneau #4)Tall, Dark & Hungry by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Once again, this book was a great addition to the series, which would make an excellent addition to the book collection of anyone who enjoys vampire themed paranormal romances.

Sunbolt (The Sunbolt Chronicles, #1)Sunbolt by Intisar Khanani
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This is a fast paced and enjoyable read.

Memories of Ash (The Sunbolt Chronicles, #2)Memories of Ash by Intisar Khanani
My rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book was a great read. The plot moved at a nice pace and kept my attention well, the characters are believable, and the story is interesting. The only thing I was disappointed with was the ending, since I felt it was a bit sudden. I know there's another book to follow this one, but I didn't think everything was as resolved as it should have been, even for a book that's part of a series.

A Bite to Remember (Argeneau #5)A Bite to Remember by Lynsay Sands
My rating: 5 of 5 stars
Possibly the best of the series so far, with a really interesting plot, and a great cast of characters (old and new). An excellent read for those who enjoy vampire themed romances, especially if you also enjoy mysteries.

6 comments:

Jeanie said...

None of these are familiar to me except Fantastic Beasts. I'd hoped to see that in the theatre but it went by too fast.

Victoria Zigler said...

Jeanie:
The DVD should be out soon... I hope!

Karen said...

Loved Fantastic Beasts!!

Victoria Zigler said...

Karen:
Thanks for stopping by, and for taking the time to leave a comment. Glad you enjoyed Fantastic Beasts so much too!

Serena Lewis said...

I'm not familiar with any of them but I was intrigued by Fantastic Beasts so checked out the trailer on IMDB. It looks amazing! I adored the Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling so I'm sure I would love this book too. Thanks for the heads up.

Victoria Zigler said...

Serena:
You're welcome. If you read it, I hope you enjoy it.