Friday, December 14, 2007

A movie, our menu and more

"The Corpse Bride" was on after the Harry Potter movie last night, so I watched it. I've seen it a few times now, but it's a pretty good movie, so I watched it again. For those who don't know, it's about a man who's practicing his wedding vows, and accidentally says them on a spot where a bride to be had been killed while waiting for her fiance, and has been waiting ever since for him to come and propose to her. So, the guy ends up married to "the corpse bride" (hence the title of the movie).

We figured out what's wrong with my new Christmas tree. The bulb is broken (the insides of it are loose and rattling around inside it). Mam suggested we take it back and get it exchanged, but even if we did that we could end up with the same thing happening (it might have happened when Kelly was bringing it home on the bus) so Kelly's just going to go get a new bulb.

Haven't really done much today. My day's just flown by. Guess I must have gotten in to the shows on TV or something. LOL!

Anyway - for those who are interested - here's my menu for this week:

Friday: Lasagne and peas
Saturday: Burger and chips
Sunday: Chicken roast dinner
Monday: Hot dogs
Tuesday: Chicken pie, potato and veg
Wednesday: Fish fingers, chips and beans
Thursday: Sausage, mash and peas

The only other thing worth mentioning today is that today is Kerry's birthday. So... HAPPY BIRTHDAY Kerry!

Tori

8 comments:

AliceKay said...

Good to hear you've figured out what was wrong with the tree.

The menu looks pretty good, too. Oh, by the way, a couple of weeks ago I actually saw some of those dinosaurs (chicken) in our grocery store's freezer. How cool is that? :)

Tori_Z said...

AK:
I'm glad too... Can't wait to have the tree all lit up!

And, that's really cool about the dinosaurs. Did you buy some? LOL!

AliceKay said...

Umm...nope, didn't buy any but I was sure thinking about it. LOL

Tori_Z said...

Fair enough, LOL!

ChicagoLady said...

I'm glad you figured out what was wrong with the tree. I don't put a tree up, and I just can't do the fibre optic ones. So I stick with a few minor decorations, mostly candles to give my apartment the "smell" of Christmas.

Tori_Z said...

ChicagoLady:
I'd have one of the artificial ones you put ornaments on, but my cats assume the things are toys for them, and pull all the ornaments off (damaging the tree in the process). The most they've done with the fibre optic ones is go and sit under it and bat at the bottom branch to see what it does. And that only happened once per cat (just after the tree went up). They haven't touched it since, where as I had to put the tree back up at least twice a day every day when we had the one with lights and ornaments.

Gotta have a tree though, otherwise where do you put the presents???

Jayde_Bramblerose said...

glad you realised what was wrong with the tree.

and your welcome to watch your horror movie's.

the menu for this week looks good.

Tori_Z said...

Grandma:
It's a "kid friendly" horror movie, so it's not really scary.